Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Looking for help extracting files from PROset/Wireless file

SWood7
Novice

I'm putting together a deployment for a notebook that includes PROset/Wireless software. I've downloaded the latest Wireless_18.11.0_64s.exe file but cannot extract any usable files from it. I'd like to perform a silent install. The .exe itself doesn't appear to support any command line switches. Has anyone been able to extract files from this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Swood,

Before we go any further, could please take a look at information in this link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-030736.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products - Silent Installation of Wireless Drivers and Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software - Let us know if this helped you.

0 Kudos
SMart15
Beginner

I have the same problem. The instructions are non applicable to the files currently downloaded.

Can Intel update the instructions for silent installation?

The documentation refers to msi files. Why are the silent instructions not on the same page as the download link or in a local readme file?

I just need the PROSet Tools for an Intel 8260 wireless adapter on Windows 10 64-bit with a silent installation command that suppresses reboot.

All I see is one file called Wireless_18.40.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe and no working silent commands and no msi files when extracted that silent instructions refer to.

How can I get it to work? The link posted above doesn't seem to address this or the original poster's file.

0 Kudos
DHarr10
Beginner

I agree. The instructions don't work for exe files

0 Kudos