Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7545 Discussions

My Wireless AC 9461 is not working (code 56)

comeonwinandroid
Beginner
when i was download intel wifi driver it suddenly failed and after restart i doesnt work...pls tell the solution..
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

What is the Operating System installed in your computer? Windows 10 or Windows 11?

Leon

0 Kudos
comeonwinandroid
Beginner
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Open Administrative Command Prompt

2. Copy and paste the following commands to the Command Prompt window. Press Enter after  each command:

ipconfig/flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

netsh winsock

reset netsh

int ip reset

3. Restart your computer and check WiFi.

4. If still your WiFi adapter is not working, repair your Windows installation with an in-place upgrade.

Leon

0 Kudos
ZachDrew
Beginner

Hi

Uninstall and Reinstall Driver:

Go to Device Manager, find the Wireless AC 9461 under Network Adapters, right-click and uninstall it. Then, restart your computer, and Windows should attempt to reinstall the driver automatically.

Download the Latest Driver:

Visit the Intel website and download the latest Wi-Fi driver for your AC 9461. Install it after uninstalling the current driver.

Check for Windows Updates:

Sometimes Windows updates can fix driver issues. Go to Settings > Update & Security and check for updates.

Reset Network Settings:

Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset. This will reset all network adapters and set networking components back to their original settings.

BIOS Update:

Check your laptop or motherboard manufacturer's website for any BIOS updates, as these can sometimes resolve hardware compatibility issues.

If none of these steps work, it might be a hardware issue.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos