Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7447 Discussions

Netwtw14 Cannot be Found

I_DarkShadow
Beginner

WiFi has been dropping regularly daily with the issue as 

"The description for Event ID 6062 from source Netwtw14 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

in event viewer.

11 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello I_DarkShadow,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please provide the following information in order for us to further isolate the issue and provide you with a solution:

• When did the issue start? And has your wireless card worked fine before, and have you made any changes to your system that might cause the issue?
  • Please go to your device manager, then take a screenshot and share it with me.
  • Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyse important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response!

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
I_DarkShadow
Beginner

The issue started a week or two ago after shutting down pc for the night and opening the next day. It worked perfectly before. No changes were made. Everything else is up to date besides the drivers. I've tried new and old ones. I've tried a new SSD and a new installation of Windows. Still is happening. 

0 Kudos
hayenne
Beginner

I have the same issue ever since I clean installed Windows 11 Pro (with the latest Intel drivers).

Asus ROG Strix Scar G18

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Hayenne,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

There will be differences between your device and I_DarkShadow; therefore, please file a new case so that we can properly support you.

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
JimA
Beginner

Same issue for me.  Toggling airplane mode gets me back online so far.  But last time I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and they wouldn't reinstall.  I had to reinstall Windows (11) just for this issue.  Nightmare.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello JimA,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

Please file a new case so that we can appropriately support you as well, as there will be differences between your device and I_DarkShadow .

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
JimA
Beginner

Update from my side.  Totally counter-intuitively, I decided to check the following box:   "Device Manager -> (NIC) -> Power Management -> Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".  Ever since then, I've not had the problem.  Bizarre.  It's like the handling of the setting is inverted somehow.  Not sure whether that's an MS issue or an Intel driver one.  If anything changes/transpires further, I'll post here.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello I_DarkShadow,

Thank you so much for the response and for sharing with us your SSU.

Based on my research, the issue that we have occurs due to incompatible, corrupted, and outdated drivers and Windows updates.

In regards to that, please follow the troubleshooting steps outlined in the links below:

If the issue still persists, please send your newly generated SSU, as I will raise our issue with our engineers.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello I_DarkShadow,

We are checking in with you on the Wi-Fi issue to see if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  I_DarkShadow,

We are checking in with you on the Wi-Fi 6 issue that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello I_DarkShadow,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos