Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

New Wireless Bluetooth drivers do not work properly (AX201)

nekomar
Beginner

I use wireless ear buds, and everything were fine until i updated bluetooth drivers up to 22.40, and then sound started crackling and stuttering. It happens mostly when i listen music via Spotify but has no issues with Youtube. Tried using newer drivers, same problem. Works propely with 21.90 version of BT. Might it be that Spotify conflicts with newer versions of BT or it is driver itself? Also the drivers of adapter itself is 22.40

0 Kudos
12 Replies
nekomar
Beginner

pls somebody reply i'm so desperate :((

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello nekomar,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Bluetooth, I will do my best to help you. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Are you using a desktop or a laptop?
  2. Is this the original wireless adapter of the system?
  3. Have you tried using the drivers provided by the OEM?
  4. Have you reported this issue to the OEM?
  5. Does the issue only occurs with Spotify* or also with other apps?
  6. Do you get any error codes or messages?

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
nekomar
Beginner

Hello! 

1. I'm using laptop 
2. I guess so
3. Drivers provided by OEM are old but work pretty fine with spotify. But i wanna update to newer versions. Rn i'm using new one and soung is crackling on Spotify
4. No, i did not report
5. Only with Spotify application, it is pretty normal with web site version of Spotify though. Also Youtube has no issues with newer drivers
6. Nope, no errors at all, just sound stuttering. And idk if it is me, but it seems while i'm working with Excel audio crackling becomes even more dense. Idk if it might be some applications interfering the connection of new BT drivers

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello nekomar,

Checking the Intel® SSU report, we noticed that the Bluetooth driver that is being used is one provided by Microsoft*. This could be caused by Windows* automatically installing drivers for the device, in this case, we recommend performing a clean installation of both wireless and Bluetooth using the drivers provided by the system manufacturer since these drivers are customized. Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 

• Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.

• Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Clean installation of the Wireless Driver:

1- Download the latest customized driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and save the installer on the computer.

1. Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Wireless driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth® Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005756.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- Repeat steps 3 through 5 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

7- Install the latest wireless driver provided by the system manufacturer.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

If the issue persists, repeat the Clean installation process using the latest Intel® generic wireless driver available at Download Center.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html?

These steps need to be followed for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, please let me know the results of this troubleshooting. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
nekomar
Beginner

Thank you! I deleted current driver and installed the one provided by ACER manufacturer on their website!

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello nekomar,

Thank you for the information provided, please keep testing the driver to be sure that everything is working fine. I will follow up on Friday to check if everything is working correctly. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello nekomar,

Hope you are doing great and staying safe, I was following up on the thread and wanted to ask if you were able to continue testing the driver, if so, is everything working fine? Let me know if you still need our assistance.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
nekomar
Beginner

Well, when i installed firstly the drivers from manufacturer's page it was working fine, but then crackling returned. Checked drivers version and it was the same one i installed. I reinstalled them again from manufacturers page, and the issue is gone again. Idk if the crackling will return 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello nekomar,

Thank you for the information provided, please keep testing the drivers from the OEMs website, in case the issue returns, please also try using the latest driver available in our download center. Remember to perform a clean installation in order to avoid any possible issues. 

I will be following up on Tuesday to check how the testing went, if you have any news before please let us know so that we can assist you. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
nekomar
Beginner
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello nekomar,

Hope you are doing great and staying safe, I was following up on the thread and wanted to ask how did the testing went, please let me know if you still need our assistance. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello nekomar,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. 

As the last recommendation, please reboot your AP at home and re-pair the earbuds. In case the issue persists, please contact the corresponding manufacturers for further assistance with their devices.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos