Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

No Proset wireless connection utility

JHome
Novice

I just received a new Dell Inspiron 15 5558 laptop with an Intel 3160-AC wireless adaptor. The laptop came with Intel drivers already installed (v17.16) and I am running Windows 7 Pro x64. WiFi works reliably and I've not had any connection issues.

However, all I have for a WiFi Connection Utility is a very generic icon in the task bar that appears to be a basic Win 7 tool with very limited features, unless one is willing to navigate thru numerous MS links to get at more levels of detail. I checked the Control Panel / Program & Features and do see Intel Proset Wireless listed there, but can not find the Proset Connection Utility anywhere else on my computer - and no way to launch or enable it.

I downloaded the latest version Intel Driver & Software which said it contains the Proset Connection Utility and installed it. I was given 2 options for the install since the installed drivers were the same version as I was now loading - either 'Repair' or 'Uninstall'. I did a repair, which it said was completed successfully. Unfortunately, I still have a generic connection utility and no Proset Connection Utility.

How do I get the Proset Connection Utility enabled?

22 Replies
CRees2
Novice

Thank you for your quick reply. I will be sure to reply with the results. I really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Crese1857,

Perfect! let us know when you have the results. Thanks!

0 Kudos