Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7652 Discussions

Packet loss after connecting to warp+

Anquit
Beginner

Hey intel,i am experiencing ping spikes and packet loss after connecting to warp+.My wifi adapter is AX201 160MHz.Its almost fine when i play games with no vpn.But when am playing on college wifi i need to connect to a vpn and when i play on warp+ there is so much packet loss in like every game and its barely possible to play any games rn and am tired of this.I have tried all the things but still no solution.Pls reply asap need help... 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Anquit,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

I will raise the case with our engineers so they can quickly provide us with an appropriate recommendation for your issue.

As soon as I have our engineers respond, I will immediately update you.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Anquit,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

To aid in resolving the issue, we would like to suggest the following measures:

1. Update the driver to the most current version available.

2. Adjust the settings as per the guidelines in the Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity article.

Furthermore, to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue, kindly provide the following information:

1. The SSU logs would be immensely helpful for us to review the system configuration and driver versions.

2. Does the packet loss occur exclusively during gaming, or does it also happen immediately after connecting to Warp+, regardless of the activity?

3. Could you detail the troubleshooting steps that have been undertaken to attempt to resolve the issue?

4. Was the system operating correctly prior to this issue?

5. For clarification, is there no packet loss when the system is disconnected from Warp+? ?

6. Is the wireless card in question a pre-installed component of the system?

We will be waiting for your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Anquit
Beginner

yeah i have done the measures to resolve this issue like my drivers are updated to the latest and adjusted the settings as per the guideline you shown in that article but still not resolving the issue.

1.attached

2.no it happens immediately after connecting to warp+ as i have tested this on many testers

3.i have done everything like network reset,disabled netsh wlan confg for wifi,changed dns servers,rolled back drivers to old versions,changed advanced driver settings,but sill no change

4.always been the issue but nowadays i play games then it affects this so much as packet loss doesnt affect for other activities than games for me

5.yes no packet loss when disconnected from warp+

6.yes its pre-installed i have a laptop

idk how my roomate when connected from warp+ with same wifi gets no packet loss but i usually get 20-30% packet loss.he has a realtek driver but i have this intel ax 201 160mhz

pls resolve this intel

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Anquit,

Thank you so much for providing us with the details that we have requested.

I will raise the case again with our engineers so we can further investigate the issue and provide you with a recommendation.

Then, I will post the response in this thread once it is available.

Again, thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Anquit,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We wanted to inform you that since you've already updated your drivers to the latest version and followed the recommended settings without any resolution, and considering that the issue occurs specifically when connected to Warp+ VPN, it suggests that the problem may be related to how the VPN interacts with your Intel AX201 Wi-Fi adapter.

• Update the BIOS and chipset driver on your system's manufacturer's website.
  • Change your Wi-Fi adapter's power settings. Click here for our guide on Wi-Fi power settings.
  • Use the built-in network reset for Windows. You can do this by clicking Start and typing Network Reset. You may have to reinstall any VPN adapters and re-input any Wi-Fi or VPN passwords after using the Network Reset. You may also need to reinstall the network adapter drivers.
  • Install or update the latest drivers for wireless using the OEM driver. 
  • Follow the How to Fix Packet Loss article. 
  • Test with a different VPN service to see if the issue is isolated to Warp+ or if it occurs with other VPNs as well. This can help determine if the problem is with the VPN service itself.
  • Reach out to Warp+ support for assistance. They may have insights into this issue or be able to provide a solution tailored to their service.

If you are confused or have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Anquit,

We would like to know if you have any questions regarding the recommendation that we have provided.

If so, kindly inform me, as we would be glad to assist you. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Anquit,

Again, we would like to know if you have any questions regarding the recommendation that we have provided.

If so, kindly inform me, as we would be glad to assist you. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos