Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Prevention or intervention problem ?? Getting Problematic

SZirb
Beginner

Simply put - Microsoft reps said there has to be an INTEL problem. 45 days ago my Wifi would disconnect at random and at times had to disable it and then enable it for it to reconnect cause even diagnostic couldn't solve issue. But doing that caused it to reconnect. NOW, my bluetooth started to randomly disconnect and start working sporadically with movement on screen or freezing up and had to go to laptop mouse pad and shut bluetooth off for 10 seconds and then back on to get it back to normal. The latest ordeal was when i shut bluetooth off it vanished from my laptop system and wasn't even recognized i had a bluetooth system even after reinstalling and so many other procedures till finally resetting to facotory reset !!!!! UUGHHH !!!! now WiFI doing it all over again and wondering when bluetooth going to start doing it. I can't go over what happened prior or did an updat ehappen when it started i dont recall cause it had been happening for 45 days and just thought bad signal.. Think about it though !!!!! Randomly cuts WiFi off and have to disable wifi and then enable it otherwise it wont connect and then bluetooth started going sporadic ???? I reset whole laptop back to factory reset as microsoft rep did for me and got bluetooth icons and system back on but now WiFI cuts in and out again daily??? bluetooth going to start now with my mouse and other things ??? I cant buy a car and have to get a jump start every day from someone at any given time. laptop is a few years old DELL INspiron 13'' 2 in 1 but never had a single problem and don't use it for much or loaded with major software.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello SZirb,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Questions:

• Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello SZirb,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello SZirb,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos