Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Proset WiFi popup

idata
Employee

I recently had to completely overhaul the HD in my Dell 6000 laptop. I did a fresh install of XP SP3 and all of Dells drivers. I was having connection problems on my wireless network which I didn't have before. I tried the Dell site but had already updated everything off of their site. I ended up using the Proset 2200BG download 12.4.4 from the intel site. Everything is working fine (better than the windows configuration ever did) however I am extremely annoyed by the popup that tells me I am connected and that everything is working fine. It intrudes on movies, games, or anything else I happen to be involved in. Is there anyway to disable this? I have looked in every easy place and can find nothing that configures the utility just the network.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
waldemar
Novice

I have the same annoyance: the Intel PROset popup, and I also don't see a way to be rid of it.

How about it, Intel Techs? Any help?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is a thread from 2010.   You need to start a new thread and fully describe your problem and environment.  How about it?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
waldemar
Novice

Gladly. But how does one start a new thread? I've looked around, can't see anything obviously relevant (I'm new to this)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Go here https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/bd-p/wireless  and "Post a question"

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos