Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7500 Discussions

Slower download speed with AX1675s

CogitoErgoBibo

My internet service provides 1.2 Gbps

I have a 2.5 Gb modem going into a hardware firewall with a pair of 10 Gb NICs.

This LAN side has a 2.5 Gb managed switch.

On a computer with an ethernet 10Gb NIC I get about 1150 Mbps download, give or take 50 Mbps tested throughout the day.

However, devices connected to my RAXE 300 via Wi-Fi max out at 720 Mbps despite having a true Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX16752 2.5 Gbps NIC.  

I've seen websites that show around 1125 Mbps download speeds with the RAXE 300... why am I seeing such a slow speed?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello CogitoErgoBibo, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I can see that this router is WiFi 7-ready. To diagnose your system, please share with us your SSU logs so we can become more familiar with your configuration. Additionally, are there other devices affected by the slow connection aside from the system? The reason I ask is because it seems you are referring to multiple devices in your subject line. May I please know their model as well? Is there a noticeable distance between you and the router as well? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello CogitoErgoBibo, 

I am just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that needs to be taken to identify what is causing this issue with your AX1675. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
CogitoErgoBibo

It looks like there is some problem with this post. There are more replies, including one with my SSU logs:

Re: Re:Slow download speed 1675 - Intel Community

When I click this link, I see more replies, including more information that I gathered:

I used an ethernet cable from my laptop to the switch that is connected to the router.  The link speed showed 2.5 Gbps and when I ran a speed test, I saw around 1050-1100 Mbps which matches my ISP provided speed.

I disabled the ethernet connection and reconnected via wifi and I watched the link speed for a few minutes.  I noticed that it changes over the course of a few minutes... I saw values ranging from 964 Mbps to 2.4 Gbps.  What does that indicate?

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello CogitoErgoBibo,

Thank you for sharing the link. Upon checking I noticed you have created two threads for similar issues. To avoid confusion, I will be closing this thread instead. Kindly please continue on Re: Re:Slow download speed 1675 - Intel Community

Thank you for your patience and understanding! 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos