Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7495 討論

Specific game (Counter strike) refuses to work on 5ghz wifi band, is only software that does this

dreamtoimagine
初學者
577 檢視

Hi all, frustrated and tired so any and all help would be appreciated. It's my first time posting so if i'm in the wrong place please let me know.

I just got a new computer with the Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz wifi card. When connected to the 2.4 ghz band on my router, i have an acceptable ping in games, including CS2, and i can connect to servers just fine, first try, When i switch to my 5ghz band, i can play all other games with the same ping as the 2.4, but cs2 refuses to acknowledge the connection, and says that it can not find any servers (from the settings page). If i try to find a match, it will get glitchy transitions, attempt to connect, connect for a sec to a lobby with mostly bots, then kick me off saying the server host has shut down.

Thinking that the card had some issue with it's 5ghz band i've done nearly every possible adjustment, clearing, and relevant reinstallation and update i could. Finally trying it on another network that also has 2.4 and 5ghz bands, to see if the issue was with the 5ghz bands specifically on this card, and on the new network it works on both bands just fine, no problems. So the only conclusion i can draw, is that for some specific reason, CS2 does not acknowledge my home 5ghz wifi only.

please forgive the word soup, if anyone has dealt with something similar please let me know.

Thank you,

FWIW: i booted up my old laptop, hopped on my home 5ghz wifi and loaded CS2, and it worked fine.

標籤 (1)
0 積分
5 回應
Alberto_R_Intel
538 檢視

dreamtoimagine, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Did CS2 ever work fine on the 5GHz band on this specific machine before?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

dreamtoimagine
初學者
498 檢視

Hi Albert, thanks for the reply!

Is this a new computer? 

- This is a new computer. (less than a week old and i am the first owner)

Did CS2 ever work fine on the 5GHz band on this specific machine before? 

- CS2 to my knowledge has never worked on this PC, on the 5ghz band.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

- I did not make any hardware or software changes, driver is up to date. The PC is stock and has a fresh windows install.

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

The wireless card was pre-installed on the machine.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

- The 5ghz band I'm trying to use is my home wifi. I have tested the 5ghz capabilities of the AX211 wireless card by hotspotting from my phone on it's 5ghz band (it can emit either 2.4 or 5). When testing the 5ghz band from my phone on the PC, the wireless card worked fine, i could even enter and play CS2 from my phone's hotspot/5ghz band. I also tested my 5ghz home wifi on my older laptop, and the laptop could connect to CS2 servers just fine on the home 5ghz band.

Please find the SSU report attached, and thanks again.

Alberto_R_Intel
488 檢視

dreamtoimagine, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the information shown in the SSU document, we can confirm that the wireless driver version currently installed on your computer is 23.10.0.8., which is provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=ax211

For this scenario, it is important to mention that we always recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked at MSI's website and the latest wireless driver version they have available is 22.230.0.8. For testing purposes, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

Driver:

https://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/mb/intel_wifi_driver_W11.zip

We also suggest to get in contact directly with MSI Support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your machine or, if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.msi.com/support

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

dreamtoimagine
初學者
462 檢視

Hi Alberto, I was able to uninstall the Intel, and install the MSI supplied one. This didn't help or hurt the situation. I appreciate your help, but I've decided to give up on this one.

Thank you again.

Alberto_R_Intel
442 檢視

Hi dreamtoimagine, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for your response.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided previously.

We completely respect your decision.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

回覆