Well, after some automatic Windows update ran yesterday, my AC-9560 stopped to work again, giving the error code 56 (check my previous post in https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Code-56-after-installing-newest-driver-for-AC-9560/)
I'm attaching the SSU information in this message.
- code 56
The Windows update has likely screwed up the drivers. Use this process to do a clean install:
- If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29902 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29919.
- Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
- From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
- Uninstall each instance present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
- Manually reboot your computer.
- In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 9560. If none, go to Step 9.
- Right click on the entry for Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 9560 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
- Go to Step 5.
- (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
- (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
- Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
- Install the Wireless driver package.
- Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
- Enable Internet access.
Hope this helps,