cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haliz
Beginner

Ubuntu driver for AC-7265 ?

Hi Guys

Is there any linux/Ubuntu driver active for Intel Wireless AC-7265 which could bring up WIFI as a AP ?

AP mode is active when using ( iw ) BUT command ( iwconfig wlan0 mode master ) could not response to this command and I got always an error.

Regards

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Mango,

In order to help you with your inquiry, please check this link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034398.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Linux* Support for Intel® Wi-Fi Adapters

haliz
Beginner

Hi Aleki

Thank you for your fast replying to my question. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 with the Kernel 3.16.0-50-generic. The List which you sent it to me does not support any kind of 3.16. In other case I treid to upgrade the kernel to 3.19 BUT I lost whole of my Wireless Interfaces. The minimum Kernel which supports the Intel Wireless AC-7265 is 4.2+.

Do you have any other solution to improve this problem ?

Regards

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Mango,

Intel recommends that you contact the Linux* team in the support link we previously informed and see if they have anything that support the version you are looking for.

haliz
Beginner

Aleki

Please let me know how do I come to get directly connected to your Linux support team ?

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Mango,

Unfortunately, Intel does not have an official support team for Linux.

haliz
Beginner

Aleki,

I am going to run multi SSID`s on hostapd by using AC-7265. I didn`t get any error after config single SSID. Do you have any experiences about it ? ... Actually driver or firmware or any limitation on chip does not let Ubuntu to add an additional MAC address and assign it to the wireless interface.

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Mango,

I have seen people trying to use hopstapd on Linux* using Intel(R) Wireless Adapters and the chances are 50/50 taking into consideration that Intel(R) Wireless Adpater were not designed to be used as a hotspot, however it allows Ad-Hoc connections.

haliz
Beginner

Aleki,

You are right.It is looking 50/50 but just for one SSID I have not been getting any errors and working fine like a charm. Anyway it seems there is not any solution right now to use two or more SSID`s simultaneous.

Thank you for your cooperation

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Mango,

Yoy are welcome! Remember that you can always find us here or contacting us thorugh this link: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Support