Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Unable to install drivers

STwai
New Contributor I

I have the AC 8260 and running Win. 10 pro. Neither manually install or through the intel driver support software will install 20.70.6.1. I am stuck at 20.70.5.2.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello STwai, Thank you for posting on this Community. Based on the description of the issue, your system is most likely using an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver which is preventing a generic version from being installed. Are you getting any error messages during the installation? We recommend obtaining the driver directly from your system manufacturer to avoid system conflicts. Now, if you would like to install a generic version, you can perform a clean install of teh wireless driver. Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

I got the drivers from you as I bought your dual band wireless card ac 8260. I get no error message when I manually install and If I use your software Intel Driver and Support Assistant Installer it says it installed and needs a reboot and when I reboot and check the Driver version it has not changed at all.

0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

As for a clean installation I have followed your instruction twice now and still unable to install manually or with Intel Driver and Support Assistant Installer. The only way I could get the Drivers I have now was to update in Device Manager by right clicking the AC 8260 chose properties and then clicking the update button but it stopped updating at 20.70.5.2 and would not update after that saying it had the best drivers a;ready installed.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello STwai, Thank you for the update. If you installed the Intel® Wireless adapter in a laptop, we recommend contacting the system manufacturer since the wireless integration for laptop adapters is subject to regulatory approval due to FCC or similar local regulations. Installing newer drivers may or may not work when performing a wireless upgrade or integration. We also recommend checking Windows* updates, and apply all of them in case your system manufacturer deploys new updates. For more information on Wireless installation or upgrades, please refer to the following web support article: Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687.html Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

Evidently you did not read what I wrote I said nothing about lap top at all this is a desktop all updates to any hard ware or software is all up to date except for your hardware and that is why I am here. None of you links have helped me to install the latest drivers. I have followed all that I could even trying some things from Microsoft. Please stop showing me links I have done them all that had anything to do with my AC 8260 CARD for a DESKTOP whether is be installations tips and trick or clean installs or even a help section in your forums on which order to install Bluetooth first then Wireless; too not to not install the bluetooth drivers or not too disable them in device manager.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello STwai, For desktop, the only retail wireless adapters currently supported by Intel are the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth® for Desktop, and the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit. For this reason, it is recommended to contact the system manufacturer prior to installing a wireless adapter. To continue troubleshooting this issue, you can try installing the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins. Version: 20.120.1 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28626/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins We recommend performing a clean install to avoid driver conflicts. If the issue persists, we would like to gather more information about your system configuration. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

OK here is the scan. The drivers for my AC 8260 are from a clean install.

0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

OK I downloaded the  Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins, I uninstall all from device manager rebooted and used the IT tool to install and now I am stuck at generic drivers from Microsoft on my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 20.50.0.5 because it failed to install at all. All other drivers were installed no problem.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello STwai, Thank you for your response. We will review this report and get back to you soon. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello STwai, We would like to continue troubleshooting this issue via remote assistance. If you agree with this method, please provide the information that we requested via email. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
STwai
New Contributor I

WOW OK so I no longer need your help. I found some software from Microsoft that helped out (go figure right) Microsoft Program_Install_and_Uninstall.meta and it fixed my problem and I was able to update to 20.70.6.1. TY for all your help.

0 Kudos