Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

When do we get Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 with Intel® PROSet/Wireless for Windows 10?

MJung5
Beginner

Hello,

my labtop with Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 and Intel® PROSet/Wireless on Windows 7 was working fine.

Until I upgraded it to Windows 10.

The PROSet disappeared without any warning and without telling me.

When do we get that software for that device for Windows 10?

Or is any of the Win7 or Win8 products compatible?

downloadcenter.intel.com/de/product/59480/Intel-Centrino-Wireless-N-1000-Single-Band

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Matjung,

Unfortunately the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 is not supported on Windows®10. We recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer and check with them if they have any possible updates. As for the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software, even though it is installed, Windows®10 uses its own interface.

0 Kudos
MJung5
Beginner

Not supported means. It has not been developed and tested yet. How about asking the product manager of that product when it will become available?

The product itself is around, why not make it available for the Centrino Wireless N 1000?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25513/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-f-r-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Matjung,

Currently, there is no support for the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 on Windows®10 and there is no indication that there will be drivers developed for this specific OS at the time being.

We cannot confirm if ther will ever be support for the adapter for Windows®10 in the future.

0 Kudos
MJung5
Beginner

I just found a workaround from Microsoft that will work. Less elegant than the Intel software, but it will do.

0 Kudos
RStro1
Beginner

What was the workaround you got from Microsoft? Would love to know, been battling this issue and can't find a fix yet. Thanks!

0 Kudos
MJung5
Beginner

Well, windows 10 also offers a software for creating wireless hotspots. With less functions and no user interface.

You can search the web for Wireless Hosted Network.

The Microsoft software is not a fix. It is functions and useability are far away from the Intel software.

Depending on how often I need that wlan, I will downgrade my operating system back to Windows 7.

Best solution could be that aleki_intel collects a long list of frustrated customers.

So that Intel will deploy the software for this adapter.

0 Kudos