Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Why can't i change the mac address of the 4965agn?

idata
Employee

I have an asus m50sa notebook that has 4965agn wireless card. When I bought it i ran Vista x86 and i was able to change the mac address, but now since i had upgraded to Windows 7 x64 I am unable to change the mac address, and i need to, because my isp requires my mac address and i want some mobility in my home, and with ethernet i can't do that. Does anyone knows why i can't do that in Windows 7? Please help me!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

mac address of the adapter is a fixed unique parameter and cant be changed. Can you list the steps you followed to change the mac address when you ran vista x86 according to your note above?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes I know it is a fixed parameter, but it can be changed with a virtual one.

In vista x86:

1. adapter Properties

2. Configure

3. Advanced tab

4. NetworkAddress.

In win7 x64 the NetworkAddress parameter isn't listed. It's like I canged my wireless card, but it's the same.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Anyone knows what is the cause of this problem? Because I really need to change the mac address and I want also to figure out why this problem exists. Can be a problem caused by Win7?

Please help me!!!

Thanks.

0 Kudos