it seems that I can't get Intel WiDi on my Dell Latitude E6420 to work. According to Dell's system requirement site (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000014932.html System Requirements for Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi) ), my laptop should meet every requirement:
I have an Intel Core i7 second generation processor, Intel HD Graphics 3000 and a Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 network adapter. So it seems that it should install without any problem.
Buuut... Of course it doesn't. I have also tried installing it via the Dell installer for the 6300 network adapter (http://www.dell.com/support/home/en/us/debsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=CP74X Intel 6235/6300 Wireless Display (WiDi) Application Driver Details | Dell US ) but that gives me a compatibility error, too.
Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this, and is there a fix for this problem?
Thanks in advance!
Thank you for your post. However, we regret to inform you that http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/widi-pro-widi-discontinued-notice... Intel® WiDi has been discontinued since August 15th, 2016. With the WiDi forums having been officially removed last December 15th, 2016.
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000021693.html Product Discontinuation Notice for Intel® WiDi and Intel® Pro WiDi.
While you do meet the basic hardware requirements, there is a little more to it than that. In a best effort basis, I can point out the following:
1. Older generation processors needed an older WiDi version to match (see picture).
2. For WiDi to work, you'll also need to make sure that you're using the latest graphics and wireless drivers.
3. If your computer has a dedicated graphics card (besides the built-in Intel® HD Graphics), this would need to be disabled in the device manager.
4. The WiDi download you have provided does not list your computer under "compatible systems". Many of these OEM installers use a white-list to make sure the software is only installed on pre-approved systems. I also searched through the downloads for your laptop model, but was unable to find a WiDi software download.
- http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e6420/drivers/advanced Downloads for the Dell* Latitude* E6420.
Note: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.
We hope this information helps.
If still issue exits then check https://guideusermanual.com/product-name-latitude-e6420-manual&po=344640&lang=English Dell Latitude E6420 Manual for help.