it seems that I can't get Intel WiDi on my Dell Latitude E6420 to work. According to Dell's system requirement site (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000014932.html System Requirements for Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi) ), my laptop should meet every requirement:
I have an Intel Core i7 second generation processor, Intel HD Graphics 3000 and a Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 network adapter. So it seems that it should install without any problem.
Buuut... Of course it doesn't. I have also tried installing it via the Dell installer for the 6300 network adapter (http://www.dell.com/support/home/en/us/debsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=CP74X Intel 6235/6300 Wireless Display (WiDi) Application Driver Details | Dell US ) but that gives me a compatibility error, too.
Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this, and is there a fix for this problem?
Thanks in advance!
Thank you for your post. However, we regret to inform you that http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/widi-pro-widi-discontinued-notice.html Intel® WiDi has been discontinued since August 15th, 2016. With the WiDi forums having been officially removed last December 15th, 2016.
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000021693.html Product Discontinuation Notice for Intel® WiDi and Intel® Pro WiDi.
While you do meet the basic hardware requirements, there is a little more to it than that. In a best effort basis, I can point out the following:
1. Older generation processors needed an older WiDi version to match (see picture).
2. For WiDi to work, you'll also need to make sure that you're using the latest graphics and wireless drivers.
3. If your computer has a dedicated graphics card (besides the built-in Intel® HD Graphics), this would need to be disabled in the device manager.
4. The WiDi download you have provided does not list your computer under "compatible systems". Many of these OEM installers use a white-list to make sure the software is only installed on pre-approved systems. I also searched through the downloads for your laptop model, but was unable to find a WiDi software download.
- http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e6420/drivers/advanced Downloads for the Dell* Latitude* E6420.
Note: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.
We hope this information helps.
- Browse to Dell Drivers & Downloads website.
- Identify your Dell product by clicking on Detect Product.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Dell Detect application. Refer to the Dell knowledge-base article Dell System Detect for more information.
- Alternatively, you can either enter the Service Tag, Express Service Code or Serial number for your Dell product and click Submit.
- Or, select your Dell product manually by clicking on View Products.
- Under Optimize your system with drivers and updates, click the Guide me tab to download and install the device drivers automatically.
- To download the device drivers manually, click the Find it myself tab.
- Next to View all available updates, verify if the correct version of Microsoft Windows operating system is listed.
- Click Change OS to select the correct operating system that is currently installed on your Dell PC.
- Identify the device driver from the categories listed in the download page.
- Click Download under the driver that you wish to update and save the file. Make a note of the location where the downloaded file is being saved.
- Using File Explorer (also known as Windows Explorer), browse to the location where the downloaded file was saved.
- Double-click on the .exe driver installation file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Some device drivers may require you to reboot the PC to complete the installation process.
If still issue exits then check https://guideusermanual.com/product-name-latitude-e6420-manual&po=344640&lang=English Dell Latitude E6420 Manual for help.