Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7487 Discussions

Why does installing Intel Bluetooth drivers remove GPU and chipset devices from device manager?

Fragbert
Novice

This has happened for many years now at random, with Intel BT driver packages old and new, completely different, dissimilar hardware multiple times. The only commonality is it occurs on PCs with Intel CPUs and chipsets. It has happened now enough times that I have to think this behavior occurs on occasion with others here.

The behavior is as follows; In both Windows 10 and 11, on a fully updated rig with the latest drivers available at the time (in particular the Intel requisite chipset, MEI, SATA, Serial IO, LAN, WiFi, etc drivers) - when installing a newly released Intel wireless BT package, during the MSI install all goes well and the screen will go blank a few times. Afterwards, my NVIDIA GPU is removed from the device manager and replaced with the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". The NVIDIA driver software is still there, but the BT install seems to sometimes wreak havoc on the device manager and makes devices disappear. Other devices seem to get nuked as well - after rebooting, windows update will pull down an Intel chipset 10.1.45 driver for an undetermined component. Reinstalling my GPU drivers fixes the display problem, and for good measure I re-install the latest chipset drivers (which also go through the blank screen cycling during the install). Afterwards, all is well with functioning BT and GPU.

Sorry I can't be specific with install versions and hardware because this has now happened often enough on multiple generations of Intel core rigs of mine throughout the years, but I can say this *STILL* happens on a 12900k Z690 system with the latest build of BT drivers available from intel. I've never had this happen when initially installing BT drivers - only when later upgrading them.

Has anybody else seen this behavior?? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Fragbert,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your computer.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your laptop or motherboard if is a desktop computer?

2. What is the brand and model name of your wireless adapter?

3. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

4. What is the brand and model name of your Nividia card?

5. Can you take a video where we can see the issue?

6. Can you provide me with the steps so we can try to replicate this issue?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Fragbert,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Fragbert,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos