Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7578 Discussions

Why my network name not listed in the Internet access

Ben22
Beginner

Can Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 in laptop use wi-fi 6 broadband?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

The answer is not. AC 3160 adapter is WiFi 5 type device. It can work with WiFi 6 router (which should support WiFi 5 devices) but it will run at   802.11ac speeds.

Leon

0 Kudos
Ben22
Beginner
But why my network name is not listed since you say can work on wifi 6?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The answer is because there was a bug in the 7260/3160 driver/firmware that made it incompatible with WiFi 6 Routers. In the final release of the driver before these adapters were discontinued, a fix for this bug was released. Thus, you need to have this particular driver release in order to get the fix the issue. The driver that you need is v18.33.17.1. It is provided in package release v21.10.1.

Now, being discontinued (also) means that Intel is not providing any support for these adapters. This include not providing any downloads. Luckily, when I saw the discontinuation notice, I saved away copies of these drivers in my archive. I currently have a portion of this archive in the cloud and you can download the driver packages (Wireless and Bluetooth) from there. Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Ben22
Beginner
There is 2 files, is it need to be download?
BT_21.10.1_64_Win10.exe and WiFi_21.10.1_64_Win10.exe
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Yes absolutely. They are a matched set. Do not attempt to use the Microsoft Bluetooth drivers; they don't work properly with Intel cards.
...S
0 Kudos
Ben22
Beginner
Scott, thanks for the help. Will try it.
0 Kudos