Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Wi-Fi Problem

ahmed_0070
Beginner

Hello, I have a strange problem, which is that the Wi-Fi stops working automatically and in order to be able to turn it on again I have to restart the computer or disable the wireless device and turn it on again or turn on the troubleshooting feature, but these solutions are temporary because it stops working Again in a short time, I disabled the power saving feature hoping to solve the problem, but it didn't work
I hope someone can help me with an effective solution because I hated using the computer because of this problem

I'm using Windows 10 and my wi-fi device is Intel(R) Dual band wire-less ac 3186
I think this picture can help to find a solution for you, when I run the troubleshooting feature I always get this message and then the wi-fi comes back to connect

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello ahmed_0070

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Was it working before? When did the issue start happening?
  2. Is this a desktop or a laptop?
  3. Is this the original wireless adapter of the system?
  4. Do you get any error codes on the device manager?
  5. Does it also happens with Bluetooth?

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ahmed_0070
Beginner

Hello Josue O
1. This problem has existed since I bought a new computer
2. Desktop (PC)
3. Yes
4. No
5. I don't use Bluetooth so I don't know it happens or no

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello ahmed_0070

In this case, we recommend performing a clean install of the latest wireless drivers provided by the system manufacturer since these drivers are customized. Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 

• Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.

• Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Clean installation of the Wireless Driver:

1- Download the latest customized driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and save the installer on the computer.

1. Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Wireless driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth® Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005756.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- Repeat steps 3 through 5 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

7- Install the latest wireless driver provided by the system manufacturer.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

If the issue persists, repeat the Clean installation process using the latest Intel® generic wireless driver available at Download Center.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello ahmed_0070,  

After checking your case, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please provide me with the information requested. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello ahmed_0070

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. Remember to contact your system manufacturer to get the latest drivers available for your system, as well as useful recommendations for the proper functioning of it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos