Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Wifi Issues - Windows 10

JCoch1
Beginner

I have a HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j020dx Notebook PC

i downloaded windows 10 now I have a Wifi issues

Do I have the right diver for windows 10?

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 Driver Version 15.18.0.1

3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Bobbyfl,

Is the Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 the original card that came installed by factory?

What exactly are the issues you are experiencing after you upgraded to Windows 10*?

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

The newest software and driver package we have for the 2230 adapter is version 15.18.0.1, and it comes either as a driver only download or comes with the PROSet 18.12.0 software/driver package. There isn't a specific "Windows 10" driver for this adapter, but the Windows 8.1 driver should be able to be used for Windows 10. Please check with HP to see which driver version they suggest for use with your HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j020dx Notebook PC with Windows 10. Does HP say your system is ready for Windows 10?

ASusa1
Beginner

I had the same issue with my Lenovo e430.

I noticed this issue caused by Forticlient vpn software.

Uninstalled the vpn software but problem still remains.

After spending hours downgrading back to win 8.1, then upgraded to win 10 without any vpn client software installed.

Wifi works normally using version 15.18.0.1

After that I installed Forticlient vpn software , and wifi problem came back.

Even after uninstall the Forticlient the wifi problem still there.

I solved this issue by rollbacked the intel driver, in my case to version 15.16.0.2.

My wifi is back to normal.

Tried to install back to Forticlient vpn software and I encounter no wifi issue using version 15.16.0.2 up until now.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos