Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7870 Discussions

Wifi Problem

Ioana
Beginner

Hi,

I just bought a few days ago an Asus laptop and its interefering with my wifi network and breaks down the signal for the router and all the devices.

Wired its working normally.

wifi IntelR 6E AX211 160Mhz

Please help me I have a huge problem with this issue and i cant find anyone to help me and we are architectural office and we have difficulties with this.

Sincerely 

Ioana

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please tell us more about what you are seeing. When you say 'interfering', what exactly do you mean - and with what kinds of devices is this occurring? What router are you using (full part number, please)?

If you think you are (also) seeing a problem within your laptop, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan, click on Next and then on Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and then click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
Ioana
Beginner

Hi

When I'm saying interfering I mean after seconds i open the wifi on my laptop all my network breaks down and the router doesn't have speed. I mean from 100 Mbps it has a speed of Kbps which is fluctuating nonstop.
And everything that is connected in the network is affected and nothing has internet. We cant even open a simple page on the internet. If I close the wifi and work with my laptop with wired connection everything's ok and all the network works fine.
My laptop I think it's working ok beside a very light sound I hear from time to time for a matter of seconds like a fly passing by( a large one:) sorry i don't know how to describe it. If i can i'll record it and send it to you.
0 Kudos
Ioana
Beginner

I think I got the sound also that I hear on my laptop but i cant send it to you here

File not supported 

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You'd have to put the sound file into a ZIP file and attach that.

I have a feeling that you are referring to the fan inside the laptop spinning up for a short time as a result of some activity in the processor.

As for the fluctuations, this is a problem that seems to be plaguing Intel's latest wireless adapters. There are lots of complaints about it here.

The one thing to try is to do a clean reinstall of the Wireless and Bluetooth software. Here is my version of the process (follow it exactly

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the desired Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable must be of type that will stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX211 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX21 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos