My wifi, which is working for other devices, cannot be found in my laptop. When I troubleshoot the internet connections it finds the issue, "The Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless- AC 3165 adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware- related problems" and if I go into device manager>network adapters> Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless- AC 3165 under the general tab it tells me in the Device status box, "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" How do I get it to start again so it'll start finding my wireless network again?
Code 10 is an error that occurs when Windows* indicate some kind of device or driver issue. You can find more information of this matter by accessing this link provided by Microsoft*: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/943104 Fix: "This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows it provides some steps that might be useful for the resolution. WE also recommend to contact the computer manufactuter: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites in order to obtain the latest drivers from them if this wireless adapter is the one installed by factory.
As a second option you can try the following if after installing the OEM drivers the issue still persists:
1. Download and save the driver according to your OS and archtecture (32 or 64 Bit), access this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89450/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3165 Drivers & Software
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.