I have a Ideapad Flex 15
Intel Wireless - AC 3160
For the first month I had no problems with the laptop. But, after some updates the Wifi seems to drop randomly and refuses to show any available connections. I have tried using many solutions for this but nothing seems to work.
Is there a fix for this?
You mentioned that the wireless adapter was working fine, but the issue started after some updates. Please provide more information about the changes.
What type of updates were installed?
Did you install any new software or drivers that may be interfering with WiFi functionality?
What is the Operating System version (including 32 or 64 bit)?
Is this the original adapter that came with the computer, or was it an upgrade?
What is the driver version of the wireless adapter?
Let us know the details of the action you have attempted so far.
Are you able to remove the updates applied? or to restore the PC to a saved Restore Point?
I updated through windows update. I don't know did I install any software to interfering with WiFi functionality.
I only installed Intel PROset/wireless tools.
I am using windows 8 64 bit os.And I am using the original Intel wireless AC 3160. Didn't change it ever.
The driver version is : 22.214.171.124
Some time don't show network lists to connect to internet.
Given your description of the issue, it would be better to remove the wireless driver components and then install the recommended version. This would discard any chance of corruption, and would allow working with the default configuration.
Please apply these steps to remove the previous driver and install the recommended version:
1. As first option, you should obtain the WiFi drivers from the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support Site.
Optionally, you can use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24863/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 8*, version 17.16.0. File name: Wireless_17.16.0_e64.exe
2. Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager again and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, you can customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
Once the recommended driver is properly installed, proceed to apply the configuration from the following advisory: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm?wapkw=wifi+recommended+settings Wireless Networking — What are the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity?