Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7508 Discussions

Wireless issue

abdelfattah
Novice
I'm struggling with wi fi driver missing in my computer, i can connect just through cable.

I tried every possible solution including the following:
- Checked device manager for drivers to update.
- Network reset. / Internet options reset.
- CMD commands to find wi fi's. / To reset sock.
- Network and hardware troubleshooting.
- Windows update. / Security update.
- No wi fi icon in change adapter settings.
* Note 1: There's no wi fi settings showed.
* Note 2: No hotspot or wi fi or airplane mode icons showed in the taskbar nor in settings itself.

Errors shown may help: 1- No interface
2- no wireless driver.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Is the WiFi adapter enabled in BIOS?

2. Was it worked before?

3. What is the model number of the WiFi adapter?

4. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

abdelfattah
Novice

2- No, my computer is new.

1- and 2- Not found.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, the SSU report isn't seeing a wireless adapter at all. Are you sure your PC has one? According to the Optiplex documentation, this is an optional feature. Are you actually seeing antennas connected to the exterior of the PC?

...S

abdelfattah
Novice
No antennas connected, and no wireless adapters installed in my drivers and i don't know how to install it
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

The PCI WiFi card (as proposed by Scott),  can be installed in PCI slot 1 or 4 only. Please refer to Optiplex 3050 User Manual, pages

26 - 38 for instruction how to install PCIe expansion card (on pages 29 - 33, please find specific instructions for WLAN PCIe card and WiFi antennas). 

Section 5 in the above User Manual explains the BIOS settings, but since the PCIe slot is enabled by default, you probably will be not required to change anything. 

Leon

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Then you do not have a Wireless capability at all. You will have to add it yourself - which you can do through Dell (this is the expensive route) or by purchasing separately. Here is an example of a card you could purchase: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SHPKKBR. This gives you the Intel AX210 silicon, which provides support for WiFi 6e (allows connections via 5.0GHz or 6.0GHz bands), Wireless-AX and Bluetooth 5.3.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos