Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7432 Discussions

cannot start hotspot

idata
Employee

i have asus fx502vm laptop, and its having intel dual band wireless AC 8260 adapter installed.

i tried to start hotspot with default commands and used third party too like connectify but no help, saw many solutions, but nothing helped.

tried intel proset/wireless application from control panel to start but it asks for "import profile" which should be in "*.p10, *.p50 or .profile format" which i cannot find or create as wlan profiles can only be created in xml format.

using windows 10 version 14393.447 with latest intel proset/wireless drivers (19.50). cannot start even mobile hotspot, given that i am having dial up connection with sharing enabled.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Was the 8260 the original adapter in the laptop, or is it being installed now? If now, who is installing it?

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

yes it is original adapter, i have only updated driver

any help?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Udaym01,

Hotspot functionality is supported by our latest drivers and Windows® 10.

Please make sure that you're using the supported method:

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Udaym01,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos