By using translation tools, we understand that you're experiencing issues updating the driver for your wireless adapter.
It seems the missing "Driver.msi" version is 19.70.0. Even though this is a previous version, it is still online. You may download it and manually point to the location of the file. Here's how:
1- Download the driver package https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26930 here. The file you need is named Wireless_19.70.0_PROSet64.zip.
2- Extract it to a location you'll have no problem finding.
3- Try the driver update again.
4- When the error shows up, select Browse and search the folder where you extracted the files. The Driver.msi is located inside the "data" folder.
If this doesn't work, you may also try a clean driver installation in conjunction with the Microsoft* install/uninstall troubleshooter:
1. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki... Download the Latest Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter.
2. Uninstall our PROSet Software: Hold the Windows Key + X. Select Programs and Features from the menu. Right click on Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software > Uninstall.
4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else (unless you're ok with the extra wait) and press OK.
5. Now you may locate the previously downloaded PROSet package and follow through the installation.
Please let us know if either of these possible solutions works for you.
Hello Eugenio F.
Thanks for the reply,
But after the workout i recieve the same fault message.
so i installed the older driver version without any problems.from the Medion website.
Thanks for the update.
As long as you have no connection issues, we recommend to keep using the driver provided by the system OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
To avoid confusion, you may uninstall Intel® Driver and Support Assistant and manually update the drivers for the rest of your Intel components.
Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.
As an alternative, you could manually try a driver only installation. Here's what you would need to do:
1. Download and extract the latest IT Admin version of the PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers package for your adapter: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27312/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Ad... WiFi_20.10.2_Driver64_Win10.zip
2. Follow steps 2, 3, and 4 provided by Eugenio F.
3. Open Device Manager (Apparaat beheerder?) > Network Adapters > Right click on Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and choose to "Update driver software..." > Choose location manually, and direct the installer to the place where you extracted the IT Admin package.
We hope this helps.