Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7447 Discussions

intel centrino advanced-n 6235 sporadic dropouts and freezing

JB26
New Contributor I

We have brand new Samsung NP700Z5C-S02UB's Series7 with the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wireless card. We are having major issues with WiFi strength and also the connection dropping out and stuttering that is bad enough to drop downloads and uploads to servers. I have faster speeds, better range and a more secure connection with our WEBos phones and everyone knows how horrible they are. I also have better range, coverage and speed with my other HP laptop which uses a BROADCOM chipset.

Please fix this issue with the Intel chipset and WifI driver for the N6235, the laptop is completely unusable at this point for work. I will switch the company to HP with Broadcom drivers if you don't.

We are nearing the return time of the Samsung laptop and still no resolution for this major, Failtel you really bl6235 I connectionte

75 Replies
RVenk6
Beginner

We have a batch of 200 Samsung Ultrabooks with Advacned N-6235 and we have found that the adapter tends to retain its IP and not release it when you connect back to a network. So, if you are on network 1 and disconnect, it retains the IP when you connected to network 2 which causes the outage, when you release renew it works. But if we roll back to driver version 15.3.1.2, it doesnt do the same.

Message was edited by: Ramu Venkitaramanan

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Has anyone tried using a fixed (not auto) wireless channel setting from the router or access point?

The following article provides an explanation on non overlapping channels:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031509.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031509.htm

The application below may help you choose the best channel:

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

RTar
Beginner

Yes, tried all possible settings. But do you really think a normal user of an ultra book have to change the adapter setting for channels, force frequencies, ets everytime he/she wants to send an email?

Can please samsung or intel replace my 6235 with another model - possibly a working one?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

joe_intel wrote:

Has anyone tried using a fixed (not auto) wireless channel setting from the router or access point?

The following article provides an explanation on non overlapping channels:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031509.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031509.htm

The application below may help you choose the best channel:

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Actually, this seems to have helped for me. I switched my router to channel six (from eleven) and it seems to have calmed my 6235 centrino problem. Thanks intel_admin,

RTar
Beginner

Here other unhappy customer. Samsung np900x x4c - bought in December and as at today - june 2013 - still with wifi problems.

the card works correctly onlty with the windows 8 built in driver 14.8.8.75

if i install the latest intel driver (necessary to estabuilished a Wi-Di connection ) ..... the drop-outs start.

How easy is to stream video with Airplay.......

Does Intel refund me the Wi-Di equipment i bought? Considering that it cannot be used?

Is intel doing something?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experience. This specific case is currently reported as explained in the following message:

/message/192239# 192239 http://communities.intel.com/message/192239# 192239

Please fill in the https://supportmail.intel.com/scripts-emf/welcome.aspx?id=1783 e-mail form with the information requested, including your geography.

If you are looking for a replacement on the wireless adapter then you will need to contact the computer manufacturer as the warranty is provided directly by them.

0 Kudos
RTar
Beginner

Dear Joe, so what to do to solve my issue? after 7 month still my wifi is not working.

rolling back the driver to the default windows 8 wifi driver will not allow me to use wi di?

could you please tell me what to do?

0 Kudos
ARunc
Beginner

I wanted to share with others how I resolved the issue.

I bought my Samsung Series 8 laptop in August and had the same issue listed above.

I tried the various suggestions to set the power options etc. with the exception of installing the new driver version. Didn't want to invalidate my warranty.

Called Samsung Support to see if they had a resolution for this issue and although I was a little skeptical with the solution I figured I didn't have anything to lose at this stage.

It was a simple fix and hopefully this will help others still encountering this issue to resolve it also.

My system details:

Windows 8 OS

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 network adapter version 15.8.0.5

1. Go to the Administrator menu by pressing the Windows key (next to the alt key on the left of your keyboard) and pressing the X key.
  2. Select Device Manager
  3. Expand Network Adapters
  4. Right mouse click on the Intel network adapter
  5. Click on Uninstall
  6. The Intel network adapter should be removed now
  7. Restart your computer (I may have totally shut down my computer and then restarted it)
  8. Repeat step 1 and 2
  9. Click on the Action menu in Device Manager
  10. I think I selected Update Driver Software (If you do not see your Intel network adapter then select Scan for hardware changes).
  11. You should now see your Intel network adapter
  12. Press the Windows key + the i key
  13. You should see your wireless network available.
  14. Log into your network with your WEP key (hopefully you have it secured).
  15. You should be all set to enjoy your wireless network without any more disconnections.

Hope this helps everyone.

0 Kudos
MSchm30
Beginner

Interesting, that some of you get it working for some time. I have the adapter built in a Dell notebook. It used to have an Atheros controller but I had it changed in favour of higher networking speed.

There must be severe software problems. The radio connectivity seems to be stable, and for some seconds, I can see pings at 1ms to my servers. After a few seconds, the ping increase to more than a second echo time and after a while the network connection dies. After some seconds, it may work again at very low speed.

At 5GHz, I get a stable radio connection, get an IP address and am able to ping the AP with almost no delay. But I cannot ping any other device on the net. If I configure the interface to use the router as DNS server as well, I can browse the internet at full speed.

To tune some parameters or use different drivers did not yield any different result.

There are no issues with external USB-WiFi adapters at all.

There are no issues with any other WLAN devices at all.

The OS is W7/64 and up to date. The firewall is off, no antvirus software anymore, no other firewall, the system checked for viruses with all (?) available online scanners.

This may imply that the drivers drop packets on reception. It does not seem to be a hardware issue. There should not be such a difference in behaviour between 5GHz or 2.4GHz.

I guess the problem is near the binding between the driver and Windows while everybody is focussed on the radio side.

0 Kudos
MJohn27
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a brand new Lenovo T431s, Was having the same problem as everyone here, tried updating various drives etc. My issue was occurring in both Windows 7 and Windows 8 and 8.1.

I am a technician by trade and was appalled by the poor wireless performance out of the box. I literally would have to be within 10ft of the router and even then sometimes the laptop JUST WOULD NOT CONNECT.

I would recommend you send back the laptop (if possible) for service as the antenna cables may have detached from the wireless card as was the issue with mine. Actually one of the antennae was on the wrong connector on mine.

The antenna cable ends and their connectors on the card are like extremely small buttons and you could see how they could easily become disconnected with a bump during shipping, In fact it was a bit time consuming to get them both on at the same time without one popping off.

Do not attempt this fix and send back to your manufacturer for service.

0 Kudos
THend3
Beginner

I have an NP770Z7E, and I was having pretty much the same problems with the same wireless card. I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but I found that if I disabled 802.11n mode, I had no problems. That of course will limit your internet speed depending on your maximum speed, but I still get around 20Mbps with 802.11n disabled. Just go to device manager > network adapters > centrino 6235 > properties > advanced settings. Don't know if that'll help you, but it worked for me.

0 Kudos
SSara7
Beginner

I was able to fix this wifi issue in 2 laptops by following this procedure..No more wifi dropouts after doing this :

1. install the latest wifi driver + pro wiress software package from intel site

2. restart PC

3. Open device manager -> network adapter -> intel 6235 -> right click -> and uninstall driver (DO NOT uninstall pro wireless software from control panels -> programs)

4. Wait and Let windows automatically install the driver

5. Done.

0 Kudos
RTar
Beginner

Dear JOE_Intel could you please let me know what should we do?

I sent the laptop back to Samsung. They kept it for 10 days. Back still with the wireless problem

Can INTEL give me a solution? (not rolling back driver or remove N or other crappy stuff)

0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

Tried to install both the full version and just the driver for Windows 8 64bit and the driver failed to upgrade. Went as far as to back out all drivers for the Intel POStrino 6235 and start from scratch and still I can only get the card to 15.x.x.x driver version. Will not install 16.x.x.

Thanks Intel for nothing.

0 Kudos
mlang10
Beginner

Dear Intel,

If you looked at my issue report, provided via your support form, you would know that I had already tried the drivers 16.1.1

Pay closer attention to the info we're providing you - I suggest you actually read my last post for more clues on the problem with your wifi card.

Boz, did you try disabling 802.11n on your network card settings?

0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

Why would I turn n mode off when it comes on the card, no if I have to shut something off to make it functional it does not mean it automatically works now. I am still using another manufacturers WiFi card in my laptop since Failtel is unable to correctly fix the issues with their POStrino wireless family of cards.

You can tell Intel Joe to remedy the situation all you want but the truth is Intel does not care at all about you, it's products it produces or the quality of them. It's been almost a WHOLE YEAR WITHOUT A RESOLUTION!!!!

0 Kudos
mlang10
Beginner

True, but not much that we can do eh - it's basically a wifi card with no 802.11n capability. At least for those of us who can't sit right next to our wireless router.

0 Kudos
mlang10
Beginner

Joe I see you have a new driver release this month.

I installed it hoping Intel had come to a resolution with the stability of this card.

Then I had a few BSOD during the day, wondering what is going on I uninstalled various applications, checked the hard drive, even ran a memory test to make sure I dont have any faulty ram.

Nothing turned up.

Then I switched on 801.22n. CRASH.

Reboot. Play with the setting on the wifi card again. CRASH.

Reboot. Try to set it back to "g". CRASH.

Reboot. Couldn't log in, just CRASH straight away.

Reboot into safe mode, uninstall and delete your new drivers to revert to original, and I'm running again.

Good job intel, good fucking job.

Can't WAIT to get rid of this piece of JUNK which you call a wifi card and your completely pathetic attempt at programming drivers to be stable within windows 8.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry; it was my fault to post the message above. I was informed about this release very late yesterday after I posted such message. This version was intended to solve a different issue. Please accept my apologies and wait for the next release which will be available soon.

0 Kudos
DRoub1
Beginner

1. Uninstall Intel Pro Wireless Software (Control Panel - Programs and Features)

2.Reboot

3. Uninstall Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235, check "Delete the driver software for this device" (Control Panel - System - Device Manager - Network Adapters)

4. Reboot

5. Go to Control Panel - System - Device Manager - Network Adapters). Right click on Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235, Select "Properties", Select the "Advanced" Tab

6. Change or Confirm Values to:

801.11n Channel Width for 2,4 - Auto

801.11n Channel Width for 5,2 - Auto

802.11n Mode - Enabled

Ad Hoc Channel - Default (11/6 or any other)

Ad Hoc QOS Mode - WMM Enabled

Bluetooth AMP - Enabled

Fat Channel Intolerant - Enabled

Mixed Mode Protection - CTS to self enabled

Preferred Band - 2.4Ghz

Roaming Aggressiveness - Highest

Transmit Power - Medium (in my case, or whatever you prefer)

Wireless Mode - 802.11 b/g

7. Clear Browsing Data of your browser (in my case Google Chrome)

Clear Cookies and other plug in data

Clear Cache

Clear Data from Hosted apps

De authorize content licences

8. Never disco again, (eventually).... (Win7 64bit)

Good Luck

0 Kudos