Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

intel centrino advanced-n 6235 sporadic dropouts and freezing

JB26
New Contributor I

We have brand new Samsung NP700Z5C-S02UB's Series7 with the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wireless card. We are having major issues with WiFi strength and also the connection dropping out and stuttering that is bad enough to drop downloads and uploads to servers. I have faster speeds, better range and a more secure connection with our WEBos phones and everyone knows how horrible they are. I also have better range, coverage and speed with my other HP laptop which uses a BROADCOM chipset.

Please fix this issue with the Intel chipset and WifI driver for the N6235, the laptop is completely unusable at this point for work. I will switch the company to HP with Broadcom drivers if you don't.

We are nearing the return time of the Samsung laptop and still no resolution for this major, Failtel you really bl6235 I connectionte

75 Replies
RGhor
Novice

I have been using the model 7260AC and its been working stable for a week now so hopefully it will work for others as well. These cards are cheap so i dont want to waste my time and energy any more and just use this model.

0 Kudos
WChan37
Beginner

Thanks for the info. I just ordered 2230. I can't find any 7260 model in my country...

Hope it will works on my Win 8.1 64bit D54250 NUC. (pray hard)

0 Kudos
RGhor
Novice

is DK as for denmark? i bought from webhallen (sweden) and i think they recently opened in Copenhagen.

Otherwise i found it on amazon uk as well.

Just tips

0 Kudos
WChan37
Beginner

hahah, I'm from Malaysia. Unfortunately, most of the Amazon seller do not ship internationally.

Right now, i guess i'll just have to take the risk and try with the 2230 module since i have already ordered it.. hope it works fine like what ixdude mentioned. LOL.

Anyway, thanks for your info.

0 Kudos
IKubi
Beginner

My setup is:

Intel NUC D54250WYK

MS WIndows 8.1

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 2230, Driver v. 15.10.3.2 (2013-08-22)

Friend of mine, have NUC with Windows 8.1 and Centrino 6205 and it also works for him.

0 Kudos
RGhor
Novice

feels like a lottery ticket

0 Kudos
RGhor
Novice

I personally think there is a hardware problem with this chip, i have both this and the 6205 which is pretty much the same without the bluetooth, same driver and settings works perfect with 6205. On the 6235 no matter the setting (BT disabled and even using 5GH band and disabling the 802.11n ) i get disconnected randomly. And sometimes i even cant disable/enable the wlan. The system just hangs when doing so and i have to kill the PC by holding the power button. This is on the new NUC D54250 and a fresh install of Win7 x64 so there is nothing else to blame but a bad hardware. I will throw away he 6235 and get another 6205 (for my second NUC which will go to my father).

Seeing how bad intel is with the support i bet this problem wont go away anytime soon. There is this thread with 64 pages where others have the same issue

0 Kudos
MNieP
Beginner

I have Intel NUC D54250WYK.

In Windows 7 64 bit it always crush every 2-3 minutes, BUT

in MINT 16 (distribuction of Linux) it's WORKS GREAT!!!, but I want Win7, so

now I change system to Mint 16, and waiting to fix the drivers of windows problems.

I thought that is the hardware problem, but it's probably a drivers problem.

so INTEL - go to work and fix it !!!

or adopt liux drivers to windows 7

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Would you please verify if you get events with the IDs 5007 and 5055 in the Windows* Event Viewer (Control Panel, Administrative Tools) at the time the issue occurs? Kindly share the details from those events if available. Information such as operating system, AP brand and model, firmware version and authentication method is also valuable.

0 Kudos
MNieP
Beginner
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Ricko, I sent you a PM. Thanks!

0 Kudos
SSchm15
Beginner

Hi Joe,

got mostly the same issue. But additional sometimes the reception quality indicator jumps to 5/5 and the speed of my WLAN is nearly zero.

Is there a new driver in sight?

regards

Schmalli

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Schmalli, the answer is yes. We are still testing it with the help of users who reported their issues as indicated here: /message/233503# 233503 https://communities.intel.com/message/233503# 233503

I will update the thread as soon as an update becomes available.

0 Kudos