Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7500 Discussions

intel dual band wireless AC3160 driver missing toshiba satelite C55-C-151

nala
Beginner

Hello, I have a toshiba satelite C55-C-151 laptop and sinds 6 months my wifi is most of the time missing. sometimes when I restart my computer it works again but most of the time I only can connect with the internet by a cable. I have search the internet for my driver but the one's I did find I couldn't install. I tried to reset my network of my laptop but also this didn't help.Can someone please help. I'm a student and I need my laptop.

Greetings

Nala

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Use this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-j-tQ34BdSDv6y1BFsg?e=7gn50T to access my archive. Subfolders provide final driver packages for most of the Discontinued Wireless adapters, including that for the Wireless-AC 3160.

For installation, I suggest that you perform a clean install. Here is proper process: 

1. If you haven't already, download to your PC - but do not install just yet - the 21.10.1 Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages.
  2. Most important! Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable *must* be of type that will persist (stay disabled) across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go forward to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and uninstall it, choosing (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go back to Step 5.
  10. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  11. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  12. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  13. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  14. Test.

Note that it sometimes takes multiple uninstall (and reboot) cycles to clean out all of the old installations, so don't give up on the process. If you get through, say, 10 cycles, and a driver appears to remain, stop there and attempt the installation of the latest drivers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos