Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20707 Discussions

Has the Cyclone III kit actually shipped?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think I saw an eta of 2 weeks about a month ago. Gettng anxious. 

Also, for the folks at Altera -- any mail i send to orders@buyaltera.com gets me 'delay status notification' from the postmaster. This is from hotmail. 

regards, 

Adam
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I spoke to an Altera person about this last week. 

He had just got his board as part of the first round of shipments. 

As to the orders@buyaltera.com, he had no idea. 

Soon young Jedi, soon.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

after all that waiting, they canceled my order because it had been on backorder too long:mad:  

Now i get to go to the back of the line.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes!! Mine was shipped on the 9th May, 2007.:o

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Altera has a hysterical funny sense of humor; if I check the "Product Lead Time Estimates" on buyaltera.com then I can predict the estimated shipping time with my eyes closed. It's be _exactly_ 14 days from whatever is todays date. This has been true for two month. Makes one wonder why they even bother to pretend to estimate the shipping date. 

Now I'm starting to wonder if I even want the darn thang. 

EDIT: I just checked. I ordered on or before March 22nd. It's coming up on a 3 month wait now (with every day claiming it'll ship in two weeks). WTF Altera? :mad:  

Tommy
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have order it. The ship date is july.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

sczh01, do check your ship date tomorrow. :rolleyes:  

I order mine three months ago at the promotional $150 rate. The "Ship Date Estimate" has been increasing by one day every day since. Today it's 07/09/2007. Tomorrow it'll be 07/10/2007 etc. 

Now if someone has a bit more detail on what exactly is included with the "full-featured," EP3C120 based "Cyclone III Development Kit" I'll be all ears. I get it as soon as it ships ... in 2009. 

Tommy
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Oh, No. I order by Altera Agent. Altera reply July ship.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Altera's competitors are certainly getting my business as a result of this delay. At this point, its just devboards but some good will is being lost. Since i ordered and reordered this board i've bought two dev boards from the competitor.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well it finally arrived. 

I was a little confused at first since I was expecting a competitor's product from Digilent rather than something from Digikey.
0 Kudos