oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Change License Admin

ATTesla
Novice

Hello,

Our company needs to move the floating license server to a new host. The license Administrator has left the company and we cannot generate the license files, although we own a perpetual license.

How can I have the admin rights to the license transferred to me?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ATTesla,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. As per your request, we have set your account as the license administrator. However, the license did not have any administrator previously.

Note: We have removed the image as it contained private information (serial number) which was being publicly available. However, it is saved on our end. Please be assured, we will request any such information, in the future via private message or email when required.

You may refer to the below link for detailed steps on updating host information.

Link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/change--serverhost-data-node-locked-or-floating-license

We have found that there was a technical glitch with the license owner's account. So we have fixed it as well.

You can update the license host information as the license administrator. However, please let us know if you were looking for license owner access. The current license owner is the user who was the recipient of the email from the provided screenshot. If this is the same user that you had mentioned to have left the company, we shall be transferring the license, as per your request.

Please feel free to let us know if there are any other queries or concerns regarding the same. Kindly update us if the issue has been resolved.

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
ATTesla
Novice

Hi Soumya,

Thank you for your help!

The original owner has left the company so I am taking over the ownership of the license.  I updated the ownership to my name and put added another user as an administrator (same email domain).  Please let me know if that would work.

As for the license generator - are there any requirements on Server port number and Vendor port number? I am not sure how to find those. For now, I have left the port numbers unchanged. 

I am now trying to install the licenses on the server. I generated the license and put it on the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses" location. 

However, the Intel Software Manager still says that the server is still in the Evaluation Period. When I try to press the "Activate" button and input my license number, the window pops up saying "Connection error!".  I suspect the newly generated license doesn't work. Could you please help with this issue?

0 Kudos
ATTesla
Novice

Got it working. Thank you, Soumya, for your help again!

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ATTesla,

We apologize for the delay in response. However, we appreciate your patience. Glad to know that you have got it working. However, we would like to answer the prior queries to clear any doubts, provide assurance regarding the situation and to share information for future reference. Please feel free to let us know if there are any confusions or concerns. We are here to clarify them.

Yes, updating the license roles as the license administrator works. We have rechecked the license and can confirm that your account is successfully set as the ‘license owner’ while the account with email id: ‘pk****l@t****.com’ is set as the new ‘license administrator’.

Yes, keeping the ports unchanged was the right decision. You may visit the below link for more information on the port numbers for future reference.

The Ports of the Intel® Software License Manager: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/guide/ports-of-software-license-manager.html

Kindly note that the Intel® Software Manager (not the ‘Intel® Software License Manager’) servers recently went down permanently.

Note: The Intel® Software Manager & its issue will not affect the Intel® Software License Manager and its usage in any way. They are separate in nature & are used for separate tasks.

Due to this the Intel® Software Manager was mentioning ‘Evaluation Peirod’ and showing connection error. Please be assured, it would not disrupt the installation or product usage. However, please feel free to let us know, if it does.

You may use your Intel® Registration Center account for the same purpose as the Intel® Software Manager. The information & features that were found on the Intel® Software Manager were available via the Intel® Registration Center's server.

Intel® Registration Centerhttps://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/

Nonetheless, please let us know if there are any concerns regarding the above information or in finding anything specific in the Intel® Registration Center or regarding the current installation. Your confirmation will allow us to make sure of the situation before closing this thread.

Looking forward to your response. Hope you have a great day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

ATTesla
Novice

Thank you, Soumya for such a detailed explanation regarding the Software Manager and Software License Manager. 

As I had mentioned - the license works just fine so far. 

Thanks again for your support!

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi ATTesla,

Thanks for your response. Based on it, we are closing this thread.

Nonetheless, if you have any further queries or concerns, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. We will be glad to assist you.

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos