oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1336 Discussions

Intalling Parallel Studio XE 2018 update 4 in Windows 11 HOME 64 bits.

Armando_L_A_
New Contributor I

Hi, 

When trying to install on a new Windows 11 HOME new machine, my Parallel Studio 2018, the installer stops without any message after unpacking the files (offline installation). It does not reach the point of asking for a license file.

Is it possible to install it on Windows 11 HOME 64 bits? Is Windows PRO mandatory?

My new notebook has an i7 12650H, 16 Gbytes DDR4, and 500 GBytes SSD. Brand new.

Thanks

Armando

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Armando, please share the below information with us:

- OS build on which you are installing the software

- Is the installer an online or an offline package?

- Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

- Screenshots of the error screen

- Installation Log files.

The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE<version>_<username>

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
Armando_L_A_
New Contributor I

Hi ArpanB.

Do you have any solution for me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Armando_L_A_
New Contributor I

Hi Arpan,

Windows 11 HOME. Version 22H2,  OS build: 22621.1702 .  Experience: Windows Features Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0

Visual Studio Community 2017, version 15.9.54

Parallel Installer offline

It is a new notebook; I am trying to install my Parallel Studio 2018 update 4. 

There is no error message!!  The installer, after unpacking, closes the window and stops working without notice. So, no screenshot is available.

Installation log attached.

Thanks!
Armando

0 Kudos
Armando_L_A_
New Contributor I

I already send the requested information.
Thanks.
Armando

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Armando, thank you for confirming the information with us. Please note that Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2018 is not supported on Windows 11.

Please click here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/develop/external/us/en/documents/ipsxe-2018-release-notes-en.pdf, and check the Operating System Requirements section for more information.

0 Kudos
Armando_L_A_
New Contributor I

Dear ArpanB.

I had the SAME Parallel Studio XE 2018 (C++) installed on my previous PC with Windows 11 PRO.

So, IT IS POSSIBLE to use Windows 11 PRO; that is an experimental FACT. 

I invite you to check the screenshot attached.  I used several updates of version 2018 on the old PC with Windows 11 PRO, and never had a problem with that.

Thanks.
Armando

0 Kudos
Armando_L_A_
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Armando, prior to the release of an Intel® product, it is tested on various platforms that make up the list of Supported OS versions for the product. For any OS platforms apart from the ones listed, it may or may not work. However, if it doesn't work, Intel® will not be able to support you.

We suggest you to install the software on a supported OS version.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Armando, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further query, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos