oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1331 Discussions

Intel visual fortran 2024 not working

amin76mf
Novice

Hi all!
I use IVF to compile my models in PSS\E using the PSSE environment manager. I had to change my windows and after installing new windows, with the newer version (2024), I got the following error:

[64 bit] Files not found for IVF 192.49896 (IVF 19.2.49896):
ifort.exe
libmmd.dll
libmmd.lib

Do you have any solution for this or link to older versions? (IVF 19 or later)

(full message:

Compile not allowed for PSSE versions: 35.5.3, 35.3.0

Installed Visual Studio versions:
17.0 (VS 2022), 17.0 (VS 2022)

Installed Intel Fortran Compiler versions:
IVF 19.2.49896, IVF 19.2.49896

[32 bit] Files not found for IVF 192.49896 (IVF 19.2.49896):
ifort.exe
libmmd.dll
libmmd.lib

[64 bit] Files not found for IVF 192.49896 (IVF 19.2.49896):
ifort.exe
libmmd.dll
libmmd.lib)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
amin76mf
Novice

Hi!
Since the path of the new Intel toolkits was changed, I got a new update for my software that recognizes the new path. So, everything is working now. Thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Amin, Only the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits and the latest products are available publicly for download and installation for Windows and Linux operating systems.

Please note that Intel® has decided that Intel Compilers Versions: 2024.0.1 and earlier are not supported anymore. We urge users to upgrade to the latest version of Intel® developer tools. The unsupported versions do not include the latest functional and security updates. These versions are targeted to be removed after a period. For more information refer to the link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/oneapi-supported-product-versions.htm, and scroll down to the Unsupported Product Version.

Intel® oneAPI users with active Intel Priority Support can access older versions via a secure portal you gain access to as part of your support subscription. Kindly refer below link for more details:

FAQ's Priority Support Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/faq-priority-support.html

Also, could you please share the below details for further help.

• Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version.
  • OS build on which you are installing the product.
  • Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system.
  • Is the installer an online or an offline package? 
  • Installation Log files. 
  • The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs 

amin76mf
Novice

Dear Vipin,

Thank you very much for your reply. I was notified that the current version of the software that uses the Intel Fortran compiler is not compatible with version 2024.0.2, yet. (the problem is not with the toolkits themselves, but the software that I use needs an older version) I have installed the latest versions of the Visual Studio community version (17.8.3), Intel toolkits (2024.0.2), and Intel Fortran compilers (2024.0.2). I used the online installer for all and my Windows is the latest version of Windows 10. The Windows is fresh and only these are installed.

For my work, I only need Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic and Intel® Fortran Compiler. In the link, I noticed that for Intel Fortran compilers, versions 2023.2.3 and 2022.3.0 are still supported. I don't have the license for them, but I was wondering if there is a way to download them. This would help me a lot if I could download them and resume my work.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Amin, only the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits and the latest products are available publicly for download and installation for Windows and Linux operating systems.

Intel® oneAPI users with active Intel Priority Support can access older versions via a secure portal you gain access to as part of your support subscription. Kindly refer to the below link for more details:

FAQ's Priority Support Linkhttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/faq-priority-support.html

However, you can refer to the below link to download the latest product of Intel® Software Development Tools and oneAPI Toolkits:

Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/oneapi-standalone-components.html#inpage-nav-8-undefined:~:text=Current%20Releases%20(various)

Note: We would like to inform you that, for Intel® oneAPI Toolkit, there is no need for license activation as the license is not necessary to install Intel® oneAPI Toolkit. This toolkit is freely accessible and does not require a license to install. 

0 Kudos
amin76mf
Novice

Hi!
Since the path of the new Intel toolkits was changed, I got a new update for my software that recognizes the new path. So, everything is working now. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Amin, thank you for your confirmation. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.  

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos