oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1295 Discussions

Need to find offline installer for oneAPI 2023.0.0

TonyT
Novice

As the title mentions, I need to find an offline installer for the oneAPI base toolkit for Windows, v2023.0. I have a project that works with both 2022.2.1 and 2023.0.0, but it appears that 2024 has introduced breaking changes that I don't want to chase through. I unfortunately did not keep the offline installer for 2023.0.0, and now I'm trying to scramble and find a way to keep working on the project. Is there a way I can get a link to the base toolkit version 2023.0.0?

Also, another thing to note...I had a ridiculously hard time installing 2024. It took about 6 uninstalls/reinstalls of oneAPI and Visual Studio to finally get it to work. And I've installed previous versions on multiple different computers, so it's not like I'm new to this. It simply refused to complete installation. Just a note for your dev team as it seems like there is definitely an issue with integration in Visual Studio 2022. And it seems like many others have had the same issue.

Thanks!

Anthony

7 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Anthony, please note that only the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits and the latest products are available publicly for download and installation.

Please note that Intel® has decided that Intel® oneAPI Toolkits Versions: 2023.1.0 and earlier are not supported anymore.  We urge users to upgrade to the latest version of Intel® developer tools. The unsupported versions do not include the latest functional and security updates. These versions are targeted to be removed after a period. For more information refer to the link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/oneapi-supported-product-versions.htm, and scroll down to the Unsupported Product Version.

Intel® oneAPI users with active Intel Priority Support can access older versions via a secure portal you gain access to as part of your support subscription. Kindly refer to below link for more details:

FAQ's Priority Support Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/faq-priority-support.html

Refer to the below link and follow the steps to install the latest product and let us know if you're facing any issues with the installation and integration

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/oneapi/installation-guide-windows/2024-0/overview.html

0 Kudos
TonyT
Novice

I've seen this boilerplate answer on some other topics, and unfortunately it really isn't helpful.

My main issue is that I have other 3rd-party packages being used in my project that cannot be compiled with oneAPI 2024.0 as it introduced breaking changes. I don't want to fork off another project and fix all compatibility issues in someone else's code base, as this would be a huge waste of my time. The 3rd-party packages work fine when compiled with 2023.0.0.

So I need to either gain access to the previous version of oneAPI (which I have currently installed and used on other computers, but no installer), or I need to abandon oneAPI and find another solution.

I understand that Intel won't support 2023.0.0 anymore, but I don't need support. I would simply like access to an offline installer so that I can continue to compile the 3rd party packages I'm using.

Help on this would be much appreciated as I would prefer not to have to find a different solution.

-Anthony

Giovannienzo
Novice

It's frustrating when updates disrupt existing workflows, especially with third-party packages involved. Seeking an offline installer for the previous oneAPI version or exploring alternative solutions seems essential to maintain compatibility without unnecessary project disruptions. Your preference for a workaround rather than a complete overhaul is understandable.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Anthony, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please be informed that only the latest products are available publicly.

We would like to let you know that only the user with active priority support can access the older products from the Intel® Registration Center, and once the support expires, the older versions are no longer available in the portal, and hence the user can only download the license file from the Intel® Registration Center. In case the user wants to download older products, then the user must have an active priority subscription to avail of older versions of the products.

Kindly refer to the below link for more details:

FAQ's Priority Support Linkhttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/faq-priority-support.html

0 Kudos
TonyT
Novice

Lol, buy priority support for the new version of oneAPI, which I can't use...just to receive an old version which I already have installed on other computers, and was able to do so for free, through Intel? Hmmm...no thanks.

Luckily if you have the old versions, for everything except the compiler and its integration into VS, you can  simply copy/paste the entire version directory and use the old files. So I'm able to work around this, despite the unhelpful responses.

For all others needing older versions, again, to reiterate, if you have them installed on other machines, you can get most of the functionality by copying the installed directories. The only thing that may be an issue is specific integration. But old header files, binaries, and libraries still appear to function fine when copied from one machine to another without an installer.

You may close this topic.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Anthony, we have sent you a private message. Please check your community inbox.

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Anthony, unfortunately, we were unable to hear back from you. 

If you have any further queries, please post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

0 Kudos