oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1299 Discussions

vtune profiler error when connecting through ssh remote

hharry
Beginner

I'm using the newest version on macOS, trying to connect to an application on my Linux server to do some profiling.

however, when I'm trying to connect by ssh, here comes the error message:

Detected VTune Profiler build #624757 on the target system at /* my ssh name */ is incompatible with the build #626047 on the host. Specify another target install directory or clean current to enable automatic installation process.

I try to find older versions of Vtune but all failed. Also, I do not have the root access to the server so I cannot update the vtune on the server to match the version.

What can I do? Please help me.

Tks a lot!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Harry, could you confirm whether you encountered any errors or warnings during the installation?

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
hharry
Beginner

Hi, there! Nothing wrong happened during installation.

This is all I got when I try to connect to my remote server

my vtune version is Intel VTune Profiler 2023.2.0, running on macOS Ventura M2.

The package was downloaded from the official website.

It would be really appreciated if you could help me out!截屏2023-08-03 20.52.57.png

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Harry, please visit here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/vtune-profiler/user-guide/2023-0/configuring-ssh-access-for-remote-collection.html, for complete guidance on how to configure SSH Access for Intel® VTune™ Profiler.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Harry, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos