Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

system.h is not locatable even after compiling the project

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi,  

i am using Nios-II version 9.0. 

i have created a new project using a .ptf file. it has no additional files other than a simple hello_world.c  

i have included the system.h file and plan to use the peripheral specific macros for developing the drivers. 

when i build the project, it successfully compiles and creates an .elf 

but when i try to indivudally build the hello_world.c file it throws an error saying "no such file or directory" 

any idea to how to resolve this?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How do you manually compile your .c file?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

for every .c file there is a option to build that file. i am using that option. 

also when i build the complete project i get error of not being able to open following header files: 

"system.h"  

"altera_avalon_pio_regs.h" 

"alt_types.h"
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I never tried this option before, and it doesn't work on my system either. There is a warning saying it's experimental though ;) 

Just build the full project, it will only recompile modified files anyway. 

For the .h files, it is sometimes a real pain to find them in the IDE. You often need to find them by hand from the project explorer on your left. 

For system.h, go in your project's syslib, Debug, system_description 

For the altera component include files, go in altera.components, IP Device Drivers, sopc_builder_ip, your_component_name, inc 

Other general include files, such as alt_types.h, are in altera.components, IP Device Drivers, nios2_ip, altera_nios2, HAL. inc
0 Kudos