Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Nios II update

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I purchased Nios Stratix Edition dev kit 4 weeks ago. I would like to know if we can download the new SOPC including NIOS II processor and the NIOS II IDE. How could I update my old dev kit by this new one? 

Best regards 

Christ
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Nios II will be shipped to all active subscribers in the next couple weeks. Active subscribers include anyone who purchased a Nios development kit (or subscription renewal) within the last 12 months - you certainly qualify. If you have an urgent need and need something sooner just let your sales person know. 

Cheers 

Bob
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Also, to upgrade your board to use the Nios II design... 

The new improved instructions are in the board manual for the board you have. THe instructions are different than for Nios I, so please have a look.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I will take the time to read all documents about Nios II before to start our project. We are 29th june and I didn't receive the Nios-2 CD-ROM for the upgrade. I hope to receive it in few days. 

Regards 

Christian
0 Kudos