Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20713 Discussions

NIOS II IDE V9.1 / Where ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I recently tried to shift to V9.1 in the middle of a big project with mild results. I should not tried ... 

I would like now to work with NIOS II IDE and Quartus II V9.1 (I Need V9.1 for some max_skew optimisation in the project) so far and shift to EDS later on. 

NIOS II IDE is described as legacy. 

Is there any V9.1 release for it and did you find where it is located ? 

Or do I need to keep NIOS II IDE V9.0 SP2 ? 

Has anybody expereince with that (Usoing Quartus V9.1 and an older release of IDE) ? 

With thanxs and regards, 

Thierry
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The NIOS II 9.1 IDE is in the Start-menu under Altera / NIOS II EDS 9.1 / Legacy NIOS II Tools / NIOS II 9.1 IDE 

Or directly C:\Altera\91\nios2eds\bin\eclipse\nios2-ide.exe  

Note that 9.1 tools suffer a bug related to EPCS programming. So if your design uses EPCS flash, make sure you first test programming the EPCS flash and make sure your board can load the FPGA code and application before you jump into 9.1 completely ... 

Jari
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can you elaborate on the 9.1 epcs bug? 

Also I have problems with the new IDE finding header files that are in sub directories. If they are in the root of the project they are found ok. 

Makes debuging inline functions and template functions hard. 

jcn
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Can you elaborate on the 9.1 epcs bug? 

jcn 

--- Quote End ---  

See "epcs booting problem" thread ( http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19496 ). 

Jari
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The NIOS II 9.1 IDE is in the Start-menu under Altera / NIOS II EDS 9.1 / Legacy NIOS II Tools / NIOS II 9.1 IDE 

Or directly C:\Altera\91\nios2eds\bin\eclipse\nios2-ide.exe  

Note that 9.1 tools suffer a bug related to EPCS programming. So if your design uses EPCS flash, make sure you first test programming the EPCS flash and make sure your board can load the FPGA code and application before you jump into 9.1 completely ... 

Jari 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanxs a lot Jari. I'm stupid ... 

Rgds, 

Thierry
0 Kudos