Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

NIOSII IDE v10 properties error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am running NIOSII IDE v10 with sp1 on a Windows 7 (64 bit) machine. I already have compiled the project in Quartus (also v10sp1) and I built and generated my SOPC. When I go in NIOS, I create the project with the .c and .h files, and I create also the system library with the respective ptf file. 

When I go to the properties for System Library to change the Timestamp timer, the system clock timer and all the other settings, I see that I do not have that option, i cannot select or modify any of the settings ( some of them don't even appear) 

I have a Windows Xp machine with v10 Altera and it works fine. And my colleagues that have Windows 7, do not have such problems either. 

I have tried uninstalling and installing again for 5 times already with no luck! 

Maybe there is some setting I need to modify? 

Can anybody help?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, 

I am running NIOSII IDE v10 with sp1 on a Windows 7 (64 bit) machine. I already have compiled the project in Quartus (also v10sp1) and I built and generated my SOPC. When I go in NIOS, I create the project with the .c and .h files, and I create also the system library with the respective ptf file. 

When I go to the properties for System Library to change the Timestamp timer, the system clock timer and all the other settings, I see that I do not have that option, i cannot select or modify any of the settings ( some of them don't even appear) 

I have a Windows Xp machine with v10 Altera and it works fine. And my colleagues that have Windows 7, do not have such problems either. 

I have tried uninstalling and installing again for 5 times already with no luck! 

Maybe there is some setting I need to modify? 

Can anybody help? 

--- Quote End ---  

Use "Run As Administrator" option to run NIOS i.e. right-click NIOS icon and select "Run As Administrator". Or you can modify icon's properties to turn on this option permanently (right-click, Properties, Advanced ...). 

Regards, 

Jari
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I was running as administrator the whole time, that was not the problem. Anyways, I retried and I still have the same problem.  

The project runs fine as long as don't have to change any of the settings (i.e. system library settings). But when I try to change the settings, I don't even have access to some of them.
0 Kudos