Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20716 Discussions

help about cycloneII sdr sdram

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm having a rather odd problem and I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced it. 

I'm using a sdram chip(MT48LC4M16A2-75) in my project.The FPGA is EP2C20Q240C8. In fact we reused the schematics from a previous project and repinned the FPGA. The only difference is that it's a Cyclone II instead of a Cyclone part.  

When I run the programme in the sdram ,it always show "verify failded".Are there any diffrences between cycloneII and cyclone? 

There are no problem on the physical board. 

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry, I don't know about the differences between Cyclone and Cyclone II according to sdr sdram, but I also use a sdr sdram with a Cyclone II FPGA.  

I got this error "verify failed", when I didn't give a delay to the clock for the sdram. Between the clock for the sdram controller and the sdram, there should be a delay of 90 degree or some ns.  

If this might be your problem, also check out "Quartus II Handbook Volume 5: Embedded Peripherals -> Section I. Memory Peripherals -> Chapter 1. SDRAM Controller Core" for more information. 

(download here: http://www.altera.com/literature/quartus2/lit-qts-peripherals.jsp

Hope this helped.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for your help! 

When I used the cyclone,I didn't give delay between the sdram and sdram controler.It work well.
0 Kudos