Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

NCO megacore function problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

i have a problem using the megacore function NCO . I made a model in which i have a NCO which generates a sine. i want this sine to be put out to the D2A_converter1 to display it on a oscilloscope. i can compile the model and program the fpga but there is no sine to be seen! then i noticed that in the board demo model to Stratix II EP2S180 there is file named : pll_clock_pins_add.tcl in which pins are assigned as output pins??  

when i copy this file into my project it works and the sine can be seen on the oscilloscope!!! 

but what did i do wrong and what can i do right so that this file is automatically generated? 

does anyone have an idea? 

thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the StratixII EP2S180 board, there is a jumper to select the clock resource for the DAC device. You can select the oscilator, the PLL output clock, and the external clock resouse. I think it is using the PLL output clock in your jumper setting. And this tcl file can make the pin assignment on that location.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you very much for your reply! I try to work with the information you gave me! I post again when I know more. 

THX
0 Kudos