Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Quartus II I/O bank voltage settings

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Running into a problem when allowing quartus to set I/O bank voltage. Particularlly 1.8V 

The tool generates the following in the .qsf 

set_instance_assignment -name IO_STANDARD "1.8 V" -to ramAddrPout[10] 

however when compiling I get the following error: 

Error: Error reading Quartus II Settings File location, line# ## 

Info: set_instance_assignment -name "IO_STANDARD" 1.8 V -to "ramAddrPout[10]" 

But stickler is when reading the documentation they refer to all voltage IO as "voltage_value-V" 

When I manually edit the .qsf to the following everything compiles fine. Is there a bug in the quartus tool. I don't understand why the tool generated .qsf isn't working until I edit "1.8-V" or "1.8V" 

set_instance_assignment -name IO_STANDARD "1.8-V" -to ramAddrPout[10] 

or 

set_instance_assignment -name IO_STANDARD "1.8V" -to ramAddrPout[10] 

Regards, 

D
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried a Cyclone III test case in Quartus II version 7.2 SP3. The .qsf had "1.8 V" with a space, but Quartus did not give an error. The problem might be specific to your device family, but I suspect it is a bug that has already been fixed if you are using an older Quartus version.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i'm using webpack, would that make a difference?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It might, but I doubt it. I expect that the Web Edition and Subscription Edition use the same code for features available in both. 

If you are using QII 7.2 SP2 or SP3, I suggest that you file a service request. If you are using an older version, I suggest that you try the latest version.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yeah, i'm using QII 7.2 SP3 webpack, will submit a service request. 

Thanks, 

D
0 Kudos