Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

FTP server on NIOS II Dev Kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am new with this and just got the webserver example up and running. I am a student who just started working with this. What I am now trying to do is to upload a file into the flash memory via ethernet. I am looking for example code which should make it possible. 

Can you help me with this problem?! 

Cheers, 

Danny
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by dannyjacobs@Oct 7 2005, 08:39 AM 

i am new with this and just got the webserver example up and running. i am a student who just started working with this. what i am now trying to do is to upload a file into the flash memory via ethernet. i am looking for example code which should make it possible. 

--- Quote End ---  

I haven't seen an FTP server example. However, on my eCos-based system, I'm running a TFTP server which seems to work fine for code updates and such. 

If you can't use Linux or eCos, and have to write a server yourself, then I'd recommend tftp (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1350.html) over FTP. It's a much simpler protocol.
0 Kudos