Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16616 Discussions

quartus 5.1 webedition licence

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm still using quartus 5.1 webedition. It requires new licence every 6 months. I used to be able to get licence files without problems. But it seems that website has changed or policy has changed, but I cant get the licence anymore.  

I would be happy to swich to new version of quartus but when I tried it it generated bigger POF files than 5.1 does. But my project is already on the edge.  

Does anyone still uses old quartus? Can you tell me how to get the the licence file? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would suggest you switch to the latest verision (10.1 was just released) and try it. If you don't fit, change the optimization to space and try again.. (As long as your part wasn't obsoleted) 

The only other solution would be to ask altera support for a non expiring version of the license. This may be difficult to get, but you should be able to find someone to do it for you. 

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes, altera does provide non-expiring licenses for QII 5.1

0 Kudos