Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

target processor: not responding

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

Actually, i am new user to NIOSII and Quartus. 

I was doing Altera tutorials to get used to them and in one of the tutorials, i stucked in the middle and i had this message in the console... 

using cable "usb-blaster [usb-0]", device 1, instance 0x00 

pausing target processor: not responding. 

resetting and trying again: failed 

leaving target processor paused 

I think that I did all the steps correct and i read a lot of answers for this problem but nothing works.... 

I guess this is something related to the license..... 

Does anyone have an idea? 

Thanks....
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Me too :D 

It seems that u have the same problem????????
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

the problem is that there could be a lot of reasons. Maybe you can describe the system in detail. Which memory is used, which nios, have you made changes in sopc etc.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

this is a step by step lab to get used to the nios, sopc... 

you will find a pdf attached to this post and i am doing now lab2.... and i am stucked in step 10 

Also, there is an attached image for my BDF file. 

Finally, you will find the sopc design attahced also..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Kamardino, 

If you don't have a permanent Nios license and you are using it in Opencore evaluation mode, you should keep the USB Blaster connected to the board, otherwise all non licensed modules would be disabled. 

If this is your case, simply don't close the programmer message box which appears just after you have configured your fpga. 

Cris
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Cris, 

This was exactly my problem beacuse everytime i have a window after programming called "openCore Plus status" and the time remaining within this window is unlimited... so I closed this window.. 

I would like to thank you for your help
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Don't worry, we all make this mistake at least once ;) 

I wished the opencore window was more explicit about what actually happens when you click on "cancel"
0 Kudos