Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Quartus 10.1 linux.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

export: 137: 1596.00: bad variable name

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what distro are you using? in the past this seemed to be caused by dash vs bash on Ubuntu

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

what distro are you using? in the past this seemed to be caused by dash vs bash on Ubuntu 

--- Quote End ---  

Maybe. Installation fault but quartus working.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

This should solve it: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26807 

--- Quote End ---  

Maybe. But how to solve this problem?  

I can't edit megafunctions.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That screenshot is way too compressed to recognise anything relevant. Either provide a higher resolution screenshot, or copy-paste the error messages into the posting.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

That screenshot is way too compressed to recognise anything relevant. Either provide a higher resolution screenshot, or copy-paste the error messages into the posting. 

--- Quote End ---  

I can't edit megafunctions. I can open alt_gx but I can't change any value. All field is not active.  

And I can't open pcie vizard at all. I'm click at epmap entry and nothing happening.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Start quartus from a terminal window and look if it dumps a bunch of error messages when you start the Megafunction Wizard. It seems to be designed in Java, and on some cases I've seen useful debug traces on the console after it crashes/fails. 

Recently it failed for me using the LVDS wizard (Quartus 10 on Linux) and in the debug log I could see that it crashed because it expected a , instead of a . in some date or something.. really stupid bug.  

/Bjorn
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Start quartus from a terminal window and look if it dumps a bunch of error messages when you start the Megafunction Wizard.  

--- Quote End ---  

nothing. No error, no messages.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The megawizard issue may simply be related to the fact that you were unable to Install device files. So, you should try to manually install the QDA device packages. 

To do this,  

1.- Go to the directory where the installer source files are. From the log file you attached, it seems to be: 

/mnt/sda3/temp/10.1_quartus_free_linux/altera_installer/bin/../../devices/subscription/ 

2.- For every QDA file that you see in the folder (except from arriagx.qda that seem to have worked), do 

quartus_sh --qinstall -qda <qda file> 

Example 

quartus_sh --qinstall -qda arriaii.qda 

Then see if that fixes the problem.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

quartus_sh --qinstall is ok. But quartus is not worked. I'm still on 9.1

0 Kudos