AI Tools from Intel
Find answers to your toolkit installation, configuration, and get-started questions.
122 Discussions

ps: /opt/anaconda/envs/scipy39-intel/lib/libuuid.so.1: no version information available (required by

Orion_P_
New Contributor I

I've created a conda environment on an AlmaLinux 8.7 box using the Intel channel.  When I load it and run ps I get the following message:

ps: /opt/anaconda/envs/scipy39-intel/lib/libuuid.so.1: no version information available (required
by /lib64/libblkid.so.1)

libuuid.so.1 is provides by the libuuid-1.0.3-intel_2 package.

From searching the web it seems like this has been a common issue with conda packages, but that perhaps current build methods will compile in the proper version information into the libraries.  Can the libuuid (and perhaps other) packages in the Intel channel be updated?   I see that there is a much newer version in the main channel:

libuuid                        1.0.3         intel_2  intel
libuuid                       1.41.5      h5eee18b_0  main

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Orion, thank you for reporting this to us. We will move the thread to the relevant forum for further support.

0 Kudos
Orion_P_
New Contributor I

Thanks.  Also seeing:

emacs: /opt/anaconda/envs/scipy39-intel/lib/libtiff.so.5: no version information available (requir
ed by emacs)

though apparently without any real ill effects.  This is with intel  libtiff-4.4.0-hecacb30_0.  Not seen with main libtiff-4.5.0-h6a678d5_2.

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Can you please try the following steps and let us know if it is working fine for you:

1. Please remove the libuuid package using the command:

conda remove libuuid

2. Then install libuuid from conda-forge channel using the command:

conda install -c conda-forge libuuid

If you are still facing the same issue, please share the exact commands or reproducer steps that you used to create the intel conda environment and the output of the below command once the environment is created:

conda list | grep libuuid

Additionally, can you share the sample reproducer code that you used to load libuuid and run ps and emacs so that we can try reproducing the same from our side?

Thanks and regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
Orion_P_
New Contributor I

Removing libuuid will remove a lot of other packages, so that's not a great command to run.  I would also prefer to avoid conda-forge where possible.  I went with:

conda upgrade 'libuuid[channel=main]'

And that updated libuuid to 1.41.5 and resolved libuuid issue:

libuuid                   1.41.5               h5eee18b_0    main

There is no code needed to reproduce the issue.  Simply load an environment with libuuid and libtiff from the Intel channel and then run ps or emacs.

If the preferred solution is to not use libuuid or libtiff from the Intel channel, that's fine.  libuuid is quite old in the Intel channel, so perhaps it should simply be removed.

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation.

We will share your feedback with the concerned team.

Shall we go ahead and close the case?

Thanks and Regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
Orion_P_
New Contributor I

Seems odd to close something that hasn't really been resolved, but I'm fine with whatever workflow works for you.  I don't have anything else to add at this point.  Also, didn't really know that this was a "case" - seems just like a forum discussion thread.

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion of upgrading/removing libuuid from intel channel. We've contacted Dev team, and passed on the suggestion, They will look into it further. At this point of time, there is no ETA on when it will be implemented and available for use. We keep all the suggestions/feature requests in our records and they are looked at for the next major release of the product each year.

Your feedback and suggestions are very important to us. Thank you for helping us in improving our product.

We'll be concluding this thread for now, since the suggestion is already with the Dev team.

Thanks,

Diya

0 Kudos