- Is there an offline analysis tool? Can we use VTune to analyze the snapshot?
- What is the file size limit for uploading and analyzing?
- Is it possible to break the dat file up? Is there some other reader i can use to analyze or manipulate the file so that we can analyze it?
Here is the error message:
Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'gatheredData' exceeded the quota.
at processWindowsFile (https://software.intel.com/sites/products/snapshots/storage-snapshot/js/loader.js:207:20)
at processFileText (https://software.intel.com/sites/products/snapshots/storage-snapshot/js/loader.js:287:19)
at FileReader.reader.onload (https://software.intel.com/sites/products/snapshots/storage-snapshot/js/loader.js:272:9)
The current implementation of the viewer has a limit of ~5MB of data. As a workaround, consider splitting the data file into multiple smaller files:
- Make sure to preserve the header information in all files - this is the content from the beginning of the file up to and including the dstat header information in lines 29-30 ("epoch","usr","sys"....)
- Split the content of the dstat performance data (beginning in line 31)
You can then load each file separately into the viewer and look at the results.
Hope this help.