Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

2020 vs 2021 beta 6 features for GPU analysis

CFR
New Contributor II

Been playing with seeing what I can do with dpc++/GPU and VTune.  I've installed (ubuntu 18.04.4) OneAPI beta6 and that looks to give me VTune 2021.1-beta06. My question is that I don't seem to be seeing the features shown in the cookbook at https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-cookbook/top/configuration-recipes/profiling-dpc-application.html (which says it's version 2020?).  I think I've got everything setup but I only get "GPU Utilization" and "GPU Frequency" menu items.  (Sorry I don't know how to include an image.)  I have not yet bitten the bullet to recompile the i915 driver nor rebuild a new linux kernel and am hoping that's not necessary.

So do I need to build a kernel to be able to get the extra GPU stuff?  Should I be using something other than the OneAPI beta6 version of VTune?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

To know your exact issue, we need screenshots.Follow the below procedure.

1)To attach a file ,you can find an option Attach Files to Post below.

2)Click that and click browse button.

3)Choose a file to upload and click next.

4)Another window will be opened,there you can fill the text boxes and can save the file.

5)Once the save button is pressed, you can find the file attached.

After typing the comments when you click submit,attachments will get posted along with the comments.

Try this,meanwhile we will try to profile the code sample from our side.

0 Kudos
CFR
New Contributor II

screen shot of VTune 2021.1.0 beta6 (hope I did it right ;^))

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We have forwarded your case to SME.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mayank_T_Intel
Employee

Craig, Can you please confirm if you have followed this article to configure VTune for GPU analysis:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/installation/set-up-system-for-gpu-analysis.html

Also I believe one of the reason for less information available can be - not recompiling the i915 driver. But I would suggest you to go through the above article once to ensure you have set up your system properly.

0 Kudos
DrAmarpal_K_Intel

Hi Reese,

Having not received your response we are assuming that this issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only”.

Best regards,

Amar

0 Kudos