Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

32-bit processes with PTU don't work?

brucedawson2
Beginner
It appears that PTU has only minimal support for profiling 32-bit processes on 64-bit Windows. Since most Windows developers run 64-bit Windows this effectively means that PTU does not support 32-bit processes. That's a problem since most processes are 32-bit processes -- all of our products are. The symptom is that when you use one of the other profiling types the samples that hit in 32-bit moduldes all show up as Module: .

My experience is that Basic Statistical Callgraph works for 32-bit processes on 64-bit Windows, but none of the other sampling types do. But, I haven't found this documented so I'd appreciate clarification of this.

I'm particularly interested in knowing when PTU will have full support for 32-bit processes. Until then I will not be able to use it. If there is a work-around to make this work then I would be very interested in hearing about it.

This thread is based on discussions from the thread "modules in PTU", given a better title.
0 Kudos
0 Replies